Oh man, you guys are going to HATE me!!

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Well, I have decided that I am not done with the IDI pickups just yet.

Part of the deal was to take the CCLB in trade for what was supposed to be an awsome little daily driver. After finding a list of stuff wrong with this new truck, I am keeping the CCLB and putting a diesel in it like I had planned.

No, not an IDI though....a second gen 12 valve....P7100 pump.

I have to find the engine of choice, and decide on a trans combination.

It will be a 2wd (unless I can get my hands on another D60 and springs, DOUBTFULL) and rest on air suspension.

I realize this is an IDI board and not a Fummins board, but 90% of my "brotherhood" rests in this forum.

gandalf

Reaction score
Project time!!! Sounds okay to me. This will keep you busy and off the street corners.

We'll expect lots of pictures.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I have been dancing with the idea of a DT360 backed with a RTO610 10 speed. The question for me would be what divorced T-case to use and would the front driveshaft need a carrier bearing?LOL I'm assuming that a divorced NP205 from a 70's Ford would be stout enough.:dunno

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score

Part of the deal was to take the CCLB in trade for what was supposed to be an awsome little daily driver. After finding a list of stuff wrong with this new truck, I am keeping the CCLB and putting a diesel in it like I had planned.

It will be a 2wd (unless I can get my hands on another D60 and springs, DOUBTFULL) and rest on air suspension.

I realize this is an IDI board and not a Fummins board, but 90% of my "brotherhood" rests in this forum.

Welcome to the Fummins club. :D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well thats a collective relief for the site. Knowning all your doing is getting a heart transplant stil keeps it a blue oval rig. We have a few of them here that are very well thought of too. Even havve a chevy with an idi in it. Many including me like that idea...

ah1988ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post pics and update us on this as you go along !
I like Fummings trucks, the cummins are out of my price range for now :D
Been looking at the older MB 300d's for a DD, gonna do bio-diesel.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
The beauty of this is, I don't need to rush and hack this thing together. I have a dedicated plow truck for the winter (the exploder) and I have a dedicated summer car (The Buick) and the wife has her Pontiac with winter and summer tires.

I can take ayear or so and slowly piece this thing together, properly. I can spend the money on it little by little and not have to worry about doing something to over a weekend and have it road ready monday morning.

Maybe trading my IDI wasn't such a bad thing afterall, but I will miss it!!

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Won't get any hatred from me...the 6BT's a good engine and IMHO there's nothing whatsoever wrong with going that route ;Sweet certainly better than going to a g@$$er-only fleet :puke: LOL

As others have said, pictures are a beautiful thing ;Sweet

Been looking at the older MB 300d's for a DD, gonna do bio-diesel.
I say go for it ;Sweet if you're short on $$ and mechanically inclined and don't need every last option to function, a diesel M-B is a very economical car to own! Just make sure the front suspension isn't trashed, and if you can find one where the climate control's working well, that would be a good thing. 240D's are simpler, but then you have a vehicle that's potentially dangerously slow to accelerate...

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score

Good Call, You will Love it! Feel free to pick my brain anytime if you have any questions, Been through this twice,...

Keep us posted on the progress!

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
darn, i just deleted a site from my favorites list that offered conversion kits and such. kind of like destroked.com but better imo. i will try to find it again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert