Official 2012 rally

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Planning on leaving tomorrow around 8:00 AM should be there between 10 and 11 if all goes as planned.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just got my internet back! My modem got fried in the storm friday, we actually were really lucky here, I went to our yard in Paulding today and they are still without power! Lot of trees down and barn roofs blown off, I guess they were sayin they got hit with 100mph wind gusts!
Anyway, Nicole and I will be there for the day tomorrow, we will not be able to camp this weekend as planned. Should be rollin in around 11 or so tomorrow.

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made it home

Hello everyone

I made it home a couple hours ago from the rally. It's been a fun and eventful past two days thats for sure!

The good:
Made it to the campgrounds uneventfully, immediately started meeting lots of people. Managed 17mpg on the drive over which was also close to my record of 18mpg which i got pre-"prius plow" front bumper (as it seemed to be nicknamed LOL). Didn't take long for people to start admiring my "free floating" front clip and bumper.....Now everyone knows why i was trying to get a Bricknose core support so bad;p. Thanks Corey for the delicious breakfast you made, especially since i kinda just wandered over to your campsite because no one else was up this morning. I enjoyed listening to you and Calvin's stories. Thanks again Mel for timing my truck. Also was proud of my jaw dropping 139HP and 253 ft-lb i put down at the dyno :D

The bad:
500+ miles in two days and in this heat was bit much for Trusty. Everyone got to take notice of my little starter issue i had when i arrived, more and more I'm thinking its a solenoid issue because I worked on the loose connection quite a bit and never got the starter to act differently (spin faster). Well in addition to that issue on the way home things were going good except for the last 100 miles. The transmission started shifting rather erratically and the shifts were getting harsher. No flashing lights from the OD light though. The last 20 miles of the trip i would be going down the road and suddenly it would come out of gear (or the TC was unlocking not real sure it happend so fast), the engine would rev up to the governor and then would slam back into gear (or the TC would lock again). It did that twice on me. I also have a pretty bad leak that started under the engine that i need to look at and figure out where its coming from. I just wish i had time to check this stuff out and fix it.

Anyway had a great time and thanks Ron for hosting this! Hopefully i can make it to more of these, and stay longer than i did this time.;Sweet

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
As I can remember, Ron made 204 hp, 392 torque. Heath made 20something and around 440 ft lbs. I made 205 hp and 444 ft lbs. goose made 217 hp but only 380 ish torque. That's all I can remember for now

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I can remember, Ron made 204 hp, 392 torque. Heath made 20something and around 440 ft lbs. I made 205 hp and 444 ft lbs. goose made 217 hp but only 380 ish torque. That's all I can remember for now

You forgot my jaw dropping numbers

139 hp and 253 ft lbs :peelout

Coyote_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You forgot my jaw dropping numbers

139 hp and 253 ft lbs :peelout

HA I beat out an IDI with my 300-6. 150HP and 245TQ.

Sorry I had to run like that after my pulls. I was worried that the started had completely stripped out and I wasn't going to get it to fire again. I will be back to look (drool) at the trucks tomorrow during the show.

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score

sootman73

Reaction score
We will be heading up today and should be there around 1230-1 this afternoon. Probably not gonna help the whole wanting a diesel again seeing all these nice trucks.....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Hello rally goers. Sounds like your all having a great time. Wish I was there but I will attend another rally someday. This I know.
As my wife and I were talking about the rally she asked if we wear name tabs with both our true names and our signon names. I answered nope. Never thought of that. But it sounds like a great idea to me. A really simple name tag could easily be made up on a computer. Even the children could be part of this. I know it will make knowing who everyone is talking to thats a sure thing. Happy 4th to all of you. We are doing well here just relaxing. Watching some NASCAR or some of the food channels. But mostly just being a couple of bums today....:D

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Sounds like you guys are having fun! Wish we could have made it, but with a recent move (in progress still!) and new job we couldn't swing it. Hopefully next year!