Official 2010 IDI Rally Thread

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
you won't be dissapointed...
you will really get to meet a great bunch of guys and Mel as well...

:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao You guys are killing me!!! I am sure the rally will be here in the blink of an eye, I am looking forward to it. Think I nailed down a camper. Its an '83 Shasta 2550, an older one, but turn key right down to the tires being servicable for the trip and sleeps 7, perfect for the four kids, wife and I. Maybe she will come and get to drink chick beers with the rest of the wifeys yet. One year old frig for the cold ones.:cheers: The awning is there for anyone who needs a place to crash. Good times await!!!:thumbsup:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Campers the older ones work just fine - I've had old and new, big and little over years and what I found it's the older ones that I like best - that way you don't have to feel bad wearing your shoes inside them.... they all camp the same... you spend your time outside not inside while at the camp ground.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
You need not take your shoes off to fetch a cold one out of my camper. I figured the awning could pose as the garage for the diesel burner you're bringing, the rc car.

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EVERY BODY BRING YOUR JOBSITE RADIO!!!!!!!!. I WILL BE BRINGIN MY MILWAUKEE RADIO IT'S LOUD BUT THE MORE THE BETTER!!!!!!!!

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should really come to this one. I have some other friends in the area and never have seen this part of the country. Don't get your hopes up though, I always talk a big game then do nothing. I'd be reduced to primitive camping or a hotel also, no camper and none in the budget anytime soon. I'd probably get off cheaper on fuel than most if I could drag along enough fuel. My biodiesel is fairly cheap as long as methanol stays below $10 a gallon.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
folks have came and camped in tents - you will find that at these events you don't spend any time in the campsite anyways.... you're always wandering around even in the wee hours of the morning...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EVERY BODY BRING YOUR JOBSITE RADIO!!!!!!!!. I WILL BE BRINGIN MY MILWAUKEE RADIO IT'S LOUD BUT THE MORE THE BETTER!!!!!!!!

Don't get the wrong idea here.... We do have fun, but we also like to be invited back to these campgrounds we go to. These places do have rules, and we abide by them. There's places for loud music, and at a show and shine or something like that you may find it, but hoopin' and holleran' at the campsites is not wise. Besides... a lot of us have really nice truck stereo's. Best to keep the music to a level where you can hear it, and you can listen to what you want, without inflicting it on the neighbor.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Too bad the camper will change my asperations to get 20mpg. I think my new target is 13mpg. Still better than my gassers did empty. I guess a tent is economical in more ways than one, much less weight to drag 1100 miles or so.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Campground called me back yesterday and I got my reservations in...

Starbucks... Ron.... Starbucks... I want to arrive in style....

Yep gonna have to get a rental....

Ahh ok.;Sweet

I normally don't do requests, but as long as ya don't pull a Mel, I'll see what I can do.:D

GOOSE said:
Too bad the camper will change my asperations to get 20mpg. I think my new target is 13mpg. Still better than my gassers did empty. I guess a tent is economical in more ways than one, much less weight to drag 1100 miles or so.

Believe it or not, Goldie gets better mileage pulling the fiver than running around empty.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
Man, If by some stroke of pure cosmic intervention I could go that would be awesome.... :sly

i'll do my best to align the heavens for you :D

dunno if my ford would make it but id love to go :(

love to have ya. i think theres a convoy coming from ca. might be able to run with them ;Sweet

So when and where is this event?:sly

LOLLOLLOL hey man, long time no see. hope the family is well

I just read through this and I'm really concidering coming. Gonna call and see how much it cost for 4 nights. 15 hour drive OH YA, and 300 bucks in fuel.

awesome ;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK!!!! The weather turned warm, and the windows are down. Time for a major rally thread update. Let's get a list of who's coming, activiitys and when is the campground going to comit to site numbers???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online