odd start issue

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
45 deg day, went to start and leave the jobsite......turn key and wait for gp's to cycle.....light goes out...NE<NE<NE<NE<NE...no start, just heavy RAW fuel out the exh AND from under the hood:eek:

Pop hood.....smoke/raw fuel smell billowing from Donaldson filter.

Wait a couple mins....cycle GP's and stilll no start....just the same raw, unburned fuel smoke.

Same thing on next 3 tries....then on the fourth ....started like nothing ever happend and it started like I had just shut it down:confused:

I'm familiar with the IDI's and the IP sol hanging up but this is a first with the PSD.........

What gives the signal to start? I apparently had plenty of fuel going to the cyls, and why was it barfing raw fuel smoke from the air filter?

You would have sworn the eng was on fire the way it was billowing!

:thanks: and :cheers:

Bean

Reaction score
I bet your relay is sticky, may have not cycled until that last time you tried it.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree with above comments,,,WTS light does not mean GPR is working correctly.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, same as above. All that smoke is a dead giveaway that you have a GP problem. 90% of the time its the relay, the other 10% is weak batteries and or actual bad GP's

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Yea, Batts are good, starter is 2 mos old....guess it's time for the Stancor relay;)

Real mind blower to see all that smoke emenating from UNDER the hood:eek: