nv4500?

otisd85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theres a 94 cummins out of a ford bus on craigslist in my area with 64000 miles im going to look at tonight and i think i will buy it unless i can see something drastically wrong. my question is, there is an 29 spline nv4500 for sale also that was behind a 01 or 02 cummins and i was wondering if that would bolt up to the 94 block? or do i need to keep looking and if so what years do i need to be looking for?

thanks otis

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
it should. the later years used a larger clutch diameter but I do believe every thing else was the same including the spline count on the input shaft.

otisd85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay but how about the bellhousing adapter that mounts to the block, is that bolt pattern different? the 94 engine has a allison 545 bolted to it now, the guy selling the nv4500 wants extra for the bellhousing, and extra for the engine plate, and i dont want to buy parts i dont need but at the same time i dont want to pass on parts i do need

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
okay but how about the bellhousing adapter that mounts to the block, is that bolt pattern different? the 94 engine has a allison 545 bolted to it now, the guy selling the nv4500 wants extra for the bellhousing, and extra for the engine plate, and i dont want to buy parts i dont need but at the same time i dont want to pass on parts i do need
he's got you by the balls. you need all the pieces.

otisd85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good deal, thats what i needed to know. i just didnt want to be paying extra for pieces i dont need.