Now driving, more problems

6.5dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that i have driven the truck a few days i have found some more issues.
- Its seems the clutch and stuff is going out because it doesn't like to take off and shutters.
-Today after the rain at school it didn't want to start until i had a friend purge the water/fuel seperator while i was cranking.
-When i am driving down the road the truck has a vibration in the steering wheel when going 25-35mph and when i let it coast.
-Also the temp gauge is reading at the M and A on normal.
-Even though i have new brake on it, it still makes the screeching noise as it would with bad brakes.

Any body ideas to any of these problems. I'm hoping this doesn't turn out to be a money pit

6.5dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now the truck wont start at all, made a attempt to start this morning but now it wont even try and i have been purging it like crazy.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
sounds like you need a return line kit. air in the system can make for some very hard starts.

as far as the temperature gage goes they are only an indicator. what letter it is on dousent really mean much, if you want some real numbers you have to put a real gage in. a 20 gage is fine for that.

for the shuddering in the wheel jack up the front and look for loose/worn suspension components. could be the tires to, you could try switching front to back to see if it goes away.

for the brakes did you check the front and rear? you might need some goop on the back side of the brake pads in the front to help dissapate the vibration that can cause that kind of squeling.

6.5dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i hope it's just a return line kit. It is only hard to start when it rains, other than that start fine. Tire are only a few months old. I just replaced the ball joints so maybe something else. I'm hoping it didn't trade for a ****

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never purge the water separator while cranking or running engine. Pulls air in system fast. If you are not going to bypass the WS, put a 3/8" bolt in the drain tube under the driver side. You can then proceed to get it running & getting the air out. The seal on the WS drain does not reseal properly usually.

Can't go by the Temp gauge readings. Get a real temp gauge. Vibration in the steering wheel (since you did Brakes) may be related to: loose wheel lug nuts, loose bearings (or related), brake parts misaligned (since brakes were repaired).

Try to think of the work you did before the steering & brakes started giving you problems.

Rick

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put a 3/8" bolt in the drain line under the cab first. Start looking for the simple fixes first. Don't throw parts at it until you are sure what you need.

Rick

6.5dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i put one in there and it did nothing. but i did find a wet spot on one of the return lines that run across the back of the engine. Source of problem?:dunno

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin