noticed a strage leak after changing oil

needboost2live

Reaction score
okay so i def need to get a filter wrench because i get a little seepage from the PSD oil filter I put on.... however after driving for a few miles to warm the engine up and letting sit for 10 min of drainback time to check the oil i crawled underneath to see if there were any drips/leaks and I saw a bunch of fluid built up and dripping from the starter area. I looked around and couldn't really tell where it is coming from. It didn't really seem as thick as oil and kinda had the smell of diesel fuel.

Attachments

• 0916091126.jpg
    0916091126.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 0916091127.jpg
    0916091127.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 0916091127a.jpg
    0916091127a.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 13

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I'd put money on a fuel leak. When my return lines were leaking really bad, that is exactly where it comes off the motor to drip on the exhaust pipe.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Looks like its time for a return line kit. Look at the injectors. Are any of them wet looking. How old is the return lines...

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
I bet if you look in your valley pan it will be wet. Could also be injection pump or hard lines leaking to.

needboost2live

Reaction score
Yea, the valley pan is wet. Heres my question its a ford factory turbo kit put on a remanufactured non turbo IDI from a 1990 F350. I'd like to change injectors, return line and IP. Should I be switching them all over to turbo code items? Will it reall make a difference or am I fine with just replacing with some BB code injectors and the return line kit and keeping the pump since it seems to be working okay. At the moment I think I can only afford the injectors and return line kit (GF wants a ring and she's waited long enough)

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The G code injectors are not worth the money. I have used 2 sets of G codes in 15,000 miles with no real hp gains. If anything they are not as good as a set of BB injectors. I just changed my G for a set of BB and the differance is very noticiable. I wont be running the G injectors again. You need to find where the fuel leak is and fix it. Don't throw parts at it thinking you fixed it. Yes, the turbo setup will work fine with a non turbo pump and the motor can handle the turbo. Years ago Banks installed a wastegated turbo on my stock 89 7.3. It ran fine for many years with lots of heavy towing. These stock motors can take it. Banks wouldn't install a turbo on a motor that couldn't take it.