Not sure what to think about this site

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm here but don't know, just don't know:sorry:
I'm just not a happy camper right now dealing with "Dairyland Country Mutual"...................... Jim

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jim, I feel for ya. I'd be meaner than hurt animal right now if I were you. Don't even think I'd be posting much. Probably say a lot of things I might regret later. Tell you a quick story. I got hit (we were in the Moose Truck) by a drunk driver in 97'. She (yea, that's right SHE) just missed the truck, but got my 20' 5 year old boat and trailer, totaled my vacation (we were on our way to Smith Mountain lake, and a rental cottage I had already paid for), and nearly killed the lot of us. By God's good mercy, we were spared, and the Moose Truck had only slight damage from the strong tug on his tail bone. Her car was totaled. I saw her in the front seat of that trooper's car with the cuffs on, and promised I'd go to the trial. Her insurance company took fair care of me. Paid for all the damage. Paid for a rental boat. Paid for a new trailer hitch. I went to the trial. Got there and found out she was a lawyer. Well, you can imagine what happened. She got a slap on the wrist, and I near blew a gasket right in the court room. I swear to God, I've never been so close to a heart attack. I was beet red. Every vein in my head was popping out. There was no justice. Yea, I went on vacation, but I didn't have a good time. It was 4 months until I got my boat back, and by then winter had set in. To this day, I thirst for vengence. Even though I've asked the good Lord to help me forgive her, I don't think I have. I'll suffer the rest of my life because of that day. Not because of physical pain, but because of the little cracks in my boat that would not have been there otherwise, that cause me mental anquish every time I go boating. I can't go boating without remembering that day. I should have sued her, and got a NEW BOAT. CASH for my pocket to pay for a NEW VACATION and a WEEKS worth of pay so I could take it. I should have gotten a chance to do what was my right to do. Go on vacation, and have a worry free good time. She took that away from me, and I never got it back. And hell, she didn't hurt any members of my family, or even make a serious dent in the Moose Truck. Can you imagine what I would have done, if someone in my family had been hurt or died? Well, yea. I think I'd have sued. My advice. Get it out of your system now. GO FOR BLOOD. :shoot:

Warwagon

Reaction score
Welcome Jim!:Thumbs Up
Seems you made the jump through cyberspace unscathed. What happened - get into an accident or something?:confused: Keep your head up man, 'cause better days are a commin'!:D
Mark

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mark for the welcome, Yep got in big wreck, not my fault but I'm going to get the short end of things, just wait and see:shoot: (shot down)................... Jim

rthomas

Reaction score
get a lawyer, my wife got rearended in her jeep in april and i tried dealing with the ins. co (hartford) myself and ended up getting a lawyer when they threatend to close our claim because we didnt want to settle yet, in wa. you have 3yrs from doa. to settle or get counsel. adjusters are very good at what they do, so having a hired gun is a very comforting feeling.:shoot:

Warwagon

Reaction score
Originally posted by LUCKY_LARUE60
Thanks Mark for the welcome, Yep got in big wreck, not my fault but I'm going to get the short end of things, just wait and see:shoot: (shot down)................... Jim

Jim,
That stinks. :( General Leslie Groves once said something to the effect that, "When I go to see the man, I want something lethal in my back pocket." That something lethal, in his case, was the atomic bomb (Groves headed its development at the Trinity Test site.) If you are not at fault, then I'd have something lethal in my pocket, a well connected, Bon-of-a-Sitch of a lawyer. Give 'em heck buddy!!:shoot: :shoot: :shoot:
Mark

Hangfire

Reaction score
Hey Jim, welcome aboard, sorry to hear about the wreck and the loss you will probably incur.

At the risk of sounding corny, you are still in one piece. Anyday above ground is a good day...;Sweet

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mel, you know how much this truck meant to me, this was the nicest truck I ever had, no it was not a $25,000 truck but it's my pride and joy. Yes I am pissed but that is not going to do me any good. The bad thing is even after she is fixed up I will always know it has been wrecked and if I ever sell it and if asked I would have to tell them yep been wrecked. Hate to say this but I have been looking for another truck, just won't be the same. Trying to find another Texas truck but will never find the deal I got on this one. Mel I know how you feel, every time something will go wrong I will wonder if it was caused my the wreck or not. I was watching the IDI video and it broke my heart to see my truck then and what it is now.

As for no one getting hurt, thank goodness no one did. If I had hit him in the drivers door instead of the rear quarter she would have been hurt bad as I was going around 45mph and spun his Lincoln 180* in the road.

Thanks Guys, as for getting a lawyer I think I will see what one has to say. I don't think I can get much from the driver of the car but maybe the insurance co will pony up some cash if I have a attorney contact them. If only I had put collision on my truck, I was going to put it on but just haven't done it yet, my insure co said they would pay to fix my truck and go after the other company then they saw I didn't have collision, I have liability, under insured and uninsured. Being the other people has insurance there is nothing they can do for me.

Life's a bi%&h then you die......................... Jim

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jim,

The title of this thread concerns me, I want of think it conveys the fact that your truck got wrecked and not that this site is a loser. Sorry to hear that your rig got smashed, I hope you get things straightened out with it. I also hope you decide to continue to visit OB. Were glad to have you.

Mike

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Jim, hope your truck gets fixed up somehow... i too would feel like crap if something happend to my truck. There needs to be some insurance reform in this country :mad:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Jim,

I have been kicking around the idea of lowering my insurance from full coverage to just PLPD Med here in the last few weeks to save a little cash then you come along and have an accident which makes me rethink what I was contemplating. I got to looking at my policy to see where the big hit was coming from it seems that my hit was coming from the Liability portion of our policy (which considering Sherri's record it does not surprise me) but anyhoo my collision is only 141 bucks, Comp is only 86, Rental Reimbursement 19 and road side assistance is 7 so I think that I will continue with my full coverage. Because if I look at it this way it will only save me about 2 grand over the course of 4 years (which is the time frame that I plan on owning the truck), but one flub up and I can kiss that 2 grand good bye.

I know when I asked my insurance agent a few years back about dropping the coverage down on The E he stated that if I did that then what ever I was pulling would not have collision on it while it was hitched, so if something happened (like me greasing a car) then I would get the pleasure of paying for fixing our TT/boat even though both have their own full coverage insurance. I have not asked our new company about this but figure it would be the same answer.

budtoh3zo

Reaction score
I know in canada here to they need some reform, I understand your pain of losing a truck. I have every thing put glass and collision. just about regreted not having collision though when i hit that deer. But collisoin doubles my insurance so i cant afforded it yet. Hope you get the insurance out of it.

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 95_stroker
Jim,

The title of this thread concerns me, I want of think it conveys the fact that your truck got wrecked and not that this site is a loser. Sorry to hear that your rig got smashed, I hope you get things straightened out with it. I also hope you decide to continue to visit OB. Were glad to have you.

Mike

Mike, what makes you think I was referring to this site as a loser, BY NO MEANS DO I THINK THAT, in fact I am starting to spend more time on this site than TDS. It was just new and I was not sure about it. In fact the more time I am here and see most of my friends here makes me more comforable.

I did not mean for this post to go the direction it did and I will reframe from this............................... Jim

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
Originally posted by LUCKY_LARUE60
Mike, what makes you think I was referring to this site as a loser, BY NO MEANS DO I THINK THAT, in fact I am starting to spend more time on this site than TDS. It was just new and I was not sure about it. In fact the more time I am here and see most of my friends here makes me more comforable.

I did not mean for this post to go the direction it did and I will reframe from this............................... Jim

We'll have to overlook your state of mind at this time, Jim. I knew what you meant in your first post. More or less thinking out loud. Any news on your truck? I just did the body on mine last spring and I think I'll add radar to the truck as a future mod!:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HarleyCummins

Members online