Not-Charging Frustration

stick_witch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, well if its not that then I’m pretty stumped... at this point I would just rip the dash lights out and go through the entire alt circuit with with a fine tooth comb, from battery positive, to ground and back to battery negative. Or find someone to do it for you... but it’s probably something really small that when found you’ll slap your face because its such a dumb mistake[emoji23]. Thats how electrical diagnostics is, it takes a dozen rounds of chasing your tail before you find the problem, kinda like flipping the house upsidedown to find that hat thats on your head... Maybe theres an idi guy on this forum in your state that would be willing to help you over some beers?? Im in AK so I’m assuming your 1000s of miles from me... otherwise I’d just come help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Well, thanks for trying. It makes no sense. This started after sitting for 2 weeks, brake hydraulics. That green connector got pulled apart AFTER the initial problem.

And the cluster volt gauge reads about 10v when it SHOULD be getting 12.8 or so. Was always accurate before.

stick_witch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stick witch, you appear to have two additional wires attached to the starter trigger terminal?
Hahaha yep, thats correct...[emoji23] don’t even ask, it was like that when I got it... not even sure where they go... every truck has it’s own mysteries...

stick_witch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, thanks for trying. It makes no sense. This started after sitting for 2 weeks, brake hydraulics. That green connector got pulled apart AFTER the initial problem.

And the cluster volt gauge reads about 10v when it SHOULD be getting 12.8 or so. Was always accurate before.
Hahaha yup, just give it another 2 week, then she’ll magically fix herself and be happy again and you’ll be scratching your head. Thats just the nature of the beast, hence why I named my truck “The Stick Witch” because thats exactly what she is[emoji23]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online