Not a truck, but my current project anyway.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
Blackdog, I'm accepting donations of 427 blocks.... :p
Honestly, I would have probably stuck a stroked 390 in there, but the car came with most of the engine, I couldn't justify spending two years saving money to build an engine that'd match the one that was in there.
On the bright side. Engines can be swapped in a day, no problem, I wanted to focus on getting the rest of the vehicle as good as possible.

Black dawg

Reaction score
it is cool regardless of engine, and if you do get serious about a 427, I know a guy that may part with one. I currently have zero FE stuff. I dont even have a galaxie anymore:puke:, but thanks to you I watched hours of videos last night of old ford stuff.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
Hehe, well heck that is worth something. I've got a thing for comfy full sized cars with absurd horsepower.

Honestly, if I get finished with this car, I have to work on my truck a lil... make it pretty and stuff (might even buy a heater at some point). After that I might slowly save up for an aftermarket 427 block. Considering at the moment a 429/460 block capably of 545ci is $150 at the junkyard while a worn out 427 block capable of 482ci is $2000, my path is chosen. I'm in love with Fe's but...... I have other work to do first and on a limited budget for my goals. The good news is more and more aftermarket 427 blocks are popping up all the time.

This is also why I work with 289 cars, I'd never mess with a 390/406/427 car and pollute it with an inappropriate engine.

ohh and here, have another "old ford" video to watch:
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online