No PRTJ thread this year?

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
I have one. I seem to have a leaky rear main seal. Probably happened when I was running the motor on the stand. I forgot to torque my flywheel bolts and they managed to work loose and let the flywheel vibrate on the back of the motor.

It didn't leak at first but now it is. I drove 60 miles tonight to see if it's getting worse. I'll check again tomorrow.

Oh, and my down pipe is up against the firewall. I had to pull the pipe in towards the turbo outlet about 1" when I put the motor back in.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
no PRTJ here, just not getting the stuff done to it that i hoped to. i think i'll be tinkering on it during the rally.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Those flywheel to crank bolts require sealant. They are open drilled holes into the oil pan area and oil will leaks past the threads. I use Blue Loctite on mine and torque to 47 lbs but I go up to 50 lbs. P.S... Those 9 bolts are very special. Don't try to replace them with some Home Depot crap...

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Those flywheel to crank bolts require sealant. They are open drilled holes into the oil pan area and oil will leaks past the threads. I use Blue Loctite on mine and torque to 47 lbs but I go up to 50 lbs. P.S... Those 9 bolts are very special. Don't try to replace them with some Home Depot crap...

Believe me I know. I sheared all 9 off last year on the Ohio turnpike.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
You're not alone Barn.

Goldie developed a metering valve issue Saturday after I left Darrins shop.
Stinking thing on a clutch dump issue or a fast to idle throttle response kills the engine if not up to full operating temps. Or even on a cold start and the CIA disengaging.:dunno

I'm gonna pull the IP off the Beef just in case.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pre Rally Truck Jitters

OOOOHHHH!!! Got it. None for me either as the truck is staying here.:mad: No where near enough room in a single cab for the wife, baby, dog, and what not for an 8 hour tour on the road. Fuel cost is too much to drive two vehicles for two adults and a baby.:puke: So no IDI for me at the IDI rally (yes I suck).LOL

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I tried to make her huge boat of a SUV a diesel.:D I looked at the cost of repowering her Yukon with a Duramax/Allison combo........It was insane (roughly $40,000) to have a coversion done!!:puke: I then tried to get her to let me turbo it............but she said she didn't need a turbo.:dunno cookoo Everything needs a turbo right???:angel:

Heath

Last edited:

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
had i known ya'll wanted one, i would have started one 7 days ago when i didn't have a front axle on the truck:rotflmao
chris

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Well it's official. I need to do a rear main seal replacement. I'll call International tomorrow and see if one's available, but I don't know if I even want to tackle the repair. We'll probably be in Amy's jalopy.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
how bad is it leaking? mine leaks too along with the oil cooler. i'm still driving it to the rally, and towing my 30' camper. we'll see if i can blow this truck up yet.

today i got fuel and afterwards i was getting the chugg surge of air in the lines. but it cleared up.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
how bad is it leaking? mine leaks too along with the oil cooler. i'm still driving it to the rally, and towing my 30' camper. we'll see if i can blow this truck up yet.

today i got fuel and afterwards i was getting the chugg surge of air in the lines. but it cleared up.

1 qt in 50 miles. I already left it over there with an oil leak after the Lisbon rally. Oh well, 32 mpg for the trip will be nice.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
1 qt in 50 miles. I already left it over there with an oil leak after the Lisbon rally. Oh well, 32 mpg for the trip will be nice.

oh well i guess that is a bad leak. mine just drips a little. 32 mpg would be nice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70