NMB2 is selling some engine parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked Justin and he said he moved it for looks rather than necessity. He could have also knocked back the firewall and cut and fit it as well but he wanted to keep it clean looking. It its essentially the same reason killer when someone has to knock back the firewall to fit the bigger downpipe.

Last edited:

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another thing he said is that he would possibly give his engine mounts if someone buys it that doesn't have any fabrication ability...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have been "watching this" wondering about it. For the price its not asking that much for known hp. I'm not interested in it but I do like to watch...

wmoguy

Reaction score
guys keep in mind at the bare minimum you gotta tack on another $1600'ish for the pump to make this "proven" HP. I'm not sayin whats being sold is a "bad deal" by any stretch. But this "proven HP" requirements involves shelling out more $$ than is being sold.

#justtryingtokeepitrealandhonest

91F350idi

Cody S.
Reaction score
Yesterday I was ready to spend the $ to buy this custom badass system... that is until I spent some time going through my finances.

It never fails: when something comes along that you REALLY want there isn't enough money. :mad:

I wish I had to sit down and take some time to decide if I have 3 grand that I could spend, lol. I have to sit down and take time to decide if I can afford lunch or if its Ramen againLOL

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is also the fuel delivery to the IP that needs addressing, IIRC he uses a boost referenced bypass regulator and custom electric pump setup...not sure a stock lift pump would suffice...

All in all this is a decent price for what you get; however one must factor in some studs, maybe a valve job (Iconel or Stellite Valves), porting heads, gaskets, TIME to fab/mount IC if you don't have the same setup/cab he does OBS, a decent clutch or auto trans, and I'm sure there are a few small details to contend with. Hammer the ***** outta the firewall...be it lil or lot...still gotta clearance it.

If I had the 3K, I'd drop it in a heart beat! done deal! I don't...thus I won't...

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guys keep in mind at the bare minimum you gotta tack on another $1600'ish for the pump to make this "proven" HP. I'm not sayin whats being sold is a "bad deal" by any stretch. But this "proven HP" requirements involves shelling out more $$ than is being sold.

#justtryingtokeepitrealandhonest

I fully agree with you for sure. To make that much power it is essential to have a lot more fuel. It would spool decent on even a good stock IP though as well. I would think it would spool to somewhere in the 20psi range. The housing is slightly smaller than a 088 turbo so I don't see any reason why it wouldn't provide that much boost.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would work good with a moose as well as no ones really used a moose on much beside the three big kits an there no where near enough turbo for a moose.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
With my engine build I actually had to turn down the moose pump fuel a bit. I was making way too much heat and smoke. The very first moose pump would never stop making boost and the pyro was following that closely too. I could watch the boost climb very fast to 15 lbs and not stop. At the 15 lbs I was seeing over 1200 degrees and climbing fast. So with Mels approval I turned down my first pump. I actually turned it down so much I was having what we both thought was the heat soak issues. Thats because we both felt I had allowed some dirt to get into the pump as I was turning down the fuel. Now every time I opened the side cover I used brakeclean before I opened it. I realize thats not proof of cleanlyness but its the best I could do. So at the 2009 rally Mel installed moose pump number two for me. Then a few months later he sent me a pm telling me I had turned down the fuel so much it was below what a factory pump was calibrated to deliever... Nothing was wrong with the pump. It was me and my engine not being able to handle the fuel flow. Funny how each engine is differant but still the same... I guess I should not have done all the porting and piston milling and block milling.....:rolleyes::rotflmao:D

Status
Not open for further replies.