NMB2 drive video with gauges

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hes not really being a bigger **** he is just reallyy pissed at himself, I been there so it is what it is and there is a pic up now

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you will, its on psn.he might yell at me for posting but, i can take it.LOL

Attachments

• IMG_3244.jpg
    IMG_3244.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 62

wmoguy

Reaction score
oops. So is he going to have it back together for that dyno day? Thats coming up for him isnt it?

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Please someone explain to me...

Why did the piston being upside down cause the head gasket to blow??

Why didn't the valves contact the piston??

(Probably because he used lower compression pistons.... yeah that part I got; so why are there even any recesses in his pistons?)

If the valves didn't make contact what difference did the valve reliefs play in the head gasket giving out??

Props to Justin for admitting his error! Sometimes sh@t just happens...

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Just as bad as Me. Was buttoning up the fuel system on My 85, after a head job. Was all excited about getting it fired up. Looked down on the bench. THere sat the lifter spider! DOH!:eek:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Just as bad as Me. Was buttoning up the fuel system on My 85, after a head job. Was all excited about getting it fired up. Looked down on the bench. THere sat the lifter spider! DOH!:eek:

After that, who wouldn't be excited Rob?LOL

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score

(Probably because he used lower compression pistons.... yeah that part I got; so why are there even any recesses in his pistons?)

If the valves didn't make contact what difference did the valve reliefs play in the head gasket giving out??

I don't understand either.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
here ya go.

posted by ocnorb on OBN:

So I will explain this for him and anyone else that doesn't understand how IDI works.
Those are not valve reliefs. They are "swirl chambers" of sorts (swirl chambers are another type of pre-cup, but we'll call these swirls for the lack of better term)
The mix of fire and raw fuel fire out of the pre-cup, into that dip in the piston where it then pushes out into the circles.... at this time, as the rest of the raw fuel begins to ignite it pushes the fuel over the entire piston.
If you look at all of my other pistons they are all evenly coated with a light black.
Look at the wrong piston and you can still see my ceramic coat, and the path the fuel took without having a swirl chamber to fire into. When the fuel made it to the swirl, it was firing it at the gasket.
Hope this helps people understand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhill5353

Members online