NightMoose meets "the Fuzz"

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
glad things worked out for you, i have been searched and never get to show my papers later to them. they always tell me i get the ticket and can fight it later. i do and get off but it wasts allot more time for everyone.

i always try to be a straight shooter, only time i got a warning was when someone rear ended another car while he had me pulled over for my inspection. rubber necking ...tisk.... tisk

MasterM00SE

Son of Mel
Reaction score
As a father-son bonding experience, It's nice to see that a father can demonstrate to a son how to maintain respect for authority under pressure, not that I would have a problem with that in the first place, but an example is a wonderful prototype to follow.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks son. You've seen me eat crow more than once. Remember Altoona? Wasn't a cop, but could have been. Had to convince somebody they really shouldn't call the cops on me, even though they had the right.

sootman73

Reaction score
well i've am well versed in dealing with cops. been uplled over too many times and had too many tickets...

my best was while i was dragging a 650k case dozer out of michigan with our Gm 3500 at work. on a back road in the middle of nowhere and just guess who happens to pull up behind me! the state weighmaster!

great... he pulls me over for width(the mullboard was on the blade still) 1/2in too wide!

well i have my CDL but im only 19 and its licensed in ohio so not valid in mi.

i told him i could take the mullboard off and be legal. he said good and he checked and found that if i wasn't over wieght i could continue my trip without having to call my boss to drive it home(hes over an hour away)

of course i knew how much it weighed so i started callin my boss on the radio while he was weighing me. weighed 38,400 something. well he said we could legally haul thte weight if we had apportioned plates(course we didn't)

so he had the opp to write me for invalid license, plates, weight, and width. he only wrote my employer for the plates and slight overweight on the truck axle. siad he wouldn't put it on my record cuz i was told to go get it. i had only had my cdl for two weeks at the time...

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Remember Altoona? Wasn't a cop, but could have been. Had to convince somebody they really shouldn't call the cops on me, even though they had the right.

Please tell me you at least had your clothes on.LOL

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Thanks son. You've seen me eat crow more than once. Remember Altoona? Wasn't a cop, but could have been. Had to convince somebody they really shouldn't call the cops on me, even though they had the right.

uh oh,You done opened that door.....what did you do?

Swede

Reaction score
Good thing you haven't added LP to your project, yet. Officer would have noted 20# tanks. Also; no "parts bins," or "Nuts & Bolts sorters," in the bed, as in old metal "Coffee Cans." The whole region "NarCo" group would have been ......

Noticed any new tracks (boots & paws) in the snow around your place in the mornings??
Don't be documented checking out fuming/smoking things in the woods or 'down by the river'.... Besides "cookers" are extremly un-healthy to be anywhere near.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were railfanning. A pretty intense chase had ensued in pursuit of a brace of widecab bunsniffers (BNSF Railroad units, to you civilians LOL ) on Conrail's Allegheny Division. These guys were hauling butt big time, and it was all I could do to keep up with them. The plan was to intercept them at Cassandra (see http://railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=56858&nseq=0 for sample photo of this location). Well, I was already past the legal speed limit on the main road. To beat the train to Cassandra required tearing through a little community of locals living right near the overpass we would shoot off of. We got there the same time as the train, and needless to say we didn't get the shot well enough. It wasn't worth it. A lesson I had already learned before, but you can get caught up in the thrill of the hunt. Unfortunately for me, Cassandra is at the end of a dead end street. One of the locals saw me fly by, and drove down to get my license plate and tell me he was ratting me out. I was kinda dumbfounded, and started thinking about it. I could see he was very much in the right to do it. I felt bad about terrorizing his neighborhood and knew that I wouldn't do it again. I drove down to his house and explained to him that if the roles were reversed I would do the same. I told him my biggest concern was not for me, but for the other railfans who go there. I didn't want to spoil the location for them, because this is the kind of thing that if left unchecked would result in the access road being gated, and the opportunity for others to photograph trains in peace would be ruined. The last thing I said to him was this... "I understand your position completely. I am a Christian though, and ask that if you are also that you might consider extending me mercy and grace, for the sake of everyone who comes here. I've learned my lesson, and will never trouble you again." and with that I drove off. Nothing happened after that. :dunno And to be honest, I haven't revisited that location since.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Man that totally seems vaguely familiar.

LOL Railfanning with Moostradamus last year, I can totally envision that chase.
Correct me if I'm wrong Mel but IIRC I made comparison of railfanning to the movie twister, only no cows.
Tis no wonder the crew cab stayed at bay.

But does Archie know he's a bunsniffer?:rotflmao

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SWEDE!! Good to see you posting! ;Sweet

Archie would have to work for BNSF to be a Bunsnifferee. LOL

He's actually a Norfolk ****. on NS (the **** System) ;)

Yea we have a similair sickness to those storm chasers. Whenever the news interviews a Tornado victim they always say "It sounded like a freight train coming through the house!" Our motto is

Why suffer through a natural disaster, when you can go after the real thing for the same effect? LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle