NightMoose meets "the Fuzz"

sassyrel

Reaction score
im glad that some of you have had favorable run ins with law--99 9/10% of mine aint been--and ask wife--i havent been rude with them at all--but when i start to get their mouth, and even larger attitude--im instantly warm--as i dont feel ive done anything to deserve their extreme rudeness--and ive written plenty of letters--which wife has seen also---tooooo many leos out there think they are God--and are the court of law also----as well many of you know--your guilty till proven innocent with anything of a traffic court violation--------------------esp out in this area of iowa--NOOOOOOOO Leniency whatsoever-----but ill bet those same cops want a little grace in their life---hope they reap what they sow near instantly---and at 100 fold---nuff said--flame away

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The police back in Ohio where I used to live all pretty much knew me by name and driving style. I got busted one night driving my 3000gt from Akron to Youngstown at about 3 in the morning. I got tagged running a little over 200mph down I-76 on my way home. I knew the area well and killed the lights on the car. Got it off the main road and into my garage real fast. Came into work the next evening only to have a cruiser pull me over just before the driveway at work. Officer gets out and it's a friend of mine. He walked up and all he said was don't drive the GT again for at least two months. Evidently most of the officers knew I was the only person around who had a GT that would go that fast.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually cops will at least do informal profiling of "high risk" vehicles in their area. My sister had every cop look at her sideways when she bought a motor bike, and again when she upgraded to a newer one. If it looks like it can go fast in the corners or strait line, you are going to get more attention.

Mine is the only truck like it around here and I'm sure the cops would know the truck as I am often on the main patrolled route, but my truck has a rep for being slow, not fast. They also tend to go easy on tradesmen as well;Sweet

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the police knew my rides as they showed up at least once at the garage when I was visiting their mechanic. It was a year later when I drove the GT down to the garage to see my buddy and when it pulled into the lot I had 14 officers around checking it out. They all knew about the car doing the run on the freeway that disappeared. When I got out of it three of them immediately started chewing me out on it. They couldn't do anything but then again they watched for that car after that.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
talk about envy :rotflmao

Although props to you for rubbing their nose in it right in the lions den. I bet you weren't counting on 14 cops being their all at once.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very true I only figured on maybe a couple and I'd be in the garage when they showed. Of course the GT was very noticeable back then. Funniest thing is when I bought the car back a couple years ago as soon as that vin came back under my name I was stopped eleven times in three weeks with warnings to not repeat that little run.

AlChemist

Reaction score
3000 GT!? Try a Ford 40 GT w/ Blown Ford V-10s. And Company employs State & Fed "Boys" as security. (Real)Boss plays on Interstate testing Alcohol Mix samples. Once "testing" corn silage Methanol/Nitro mix(s) became airborne; exceeding airo-damms. Traffice Cam vids computed he was well over your reports. (Amazing Cams can NO Longer see clearly at night)
Then uses an antique F350 duallie "testing" Bio-Av-Fuel; Re-refinded WMO; or experimental "Coal Oil" UULSD from INdiana dirt coal. Huge Beast that "Screams"/ whistles. Gatehouses can hear truck a mile away if Boss is "Testing." You IDI lovers would love that truck can "run" w/ Indiana's new Hemi Dodges some employees have for their main job.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This story is a little late, but I just joined. All of the above stories are good but here is one for the books.
The wife and I were tooling down I-75 going home from Michigan, we were by Bluffton Ohio, when she said she was thirsty, I said there is a beer in the cooler in the back seat, she just got it and cracked it open when the local cop stopped us for no taillights, well she put the beer in her purse, and needless to say it tipped over and filled the purse. While I was trying to explain we were in a little hurry cause the wife had to go to the bathroom, and I was going to stop at the truck stop 3 miles down the road, the other cop asked the wife to get out of the truck cause he could smell alcohol, when she got out the whole front of her was wet ;Sweet he couldn't keep from laughing, the other cop said just keep your E flashers on and get going.
Both were LOL so hard they could hardly get back to there cruiser. :D

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
I definatly would NOT write a letter thanking his boss.....
I'm sure the officer would rather you not mention it all.

I've gotten 3 speeding tickets this year and pulled over as many times. So what do I do? I put in a trans with an overdrive.... good idea right?

Capt Jim, myself and the FNG got pulled over on our way to the airport after work this hitch. 75 in a 45. Mind you we looked ROUGH, Capt jim was standing on side of the road once, and someone gave him $.50 for no reason (thats lookin rough). Capt Jim explained we'd been out to sea and were trying to get to the airport, only reason we were going fast is we'd just passed a box truck (********).
Seemed to work, as all we got was the speech about how we should try to get home alive to see our families.

anyway, least in Georgia, you can talk the ladies in the courthouse down.... haggling for a lesser ticket is always good. "But mame I was scared.... I didn't know what to do, I still have nightmares from the whole experience."