NightMoose meets "the Fuzz"

MasterM00SE

Son of Mel
Reaction score
The inevitable of all drivers is that, at some point or another, there will be a run in with the law. For the Nightmoose, that experience came just a little premature. Practically inspection-worthy, I couldn't help but itch for a test drive. Having installed the new radiator, alternator pully & belts, modifying the shifting lever, and finalizing the wiring for the starter circuit, it was time to hit the road. Though darkness had set, and I had no rear marker lights, I had brake lights an low/highbeams and that should be enough, right? On the other side of the argument, the chances of any police activity in my area is limited to about NEVER, disregarding the fact that today was Sunday and there was absolutely no reason to have a policeman in the area- this equation added to the wonderful fact that there would be a trooper tooling around the neighborhood during my test drive.
We leave the private roads for the township roads, everything is running smoothly. Winding our way towards the state road (no biggie, this is the typical 10min, 1 mile track we usually test drive on) and about 50 ft from the stop sign to make the second turn of the course a distinguished crown vic is staring at me with its headlights. With the experienced warrior at my side, the suggestion was made to keep cool and keep driving. the adrenaline rushed, a legal turn was made, no problem. the shifting got a little sloppy with nervousness, but we continued, reaching a maximum speed of 55mph, where it was running a little unusual (undeterminably). Instructed to shift into overdrive, just for the experience, we rapidly approached the third turn of our loop. Kicking it into neutral, applying the brakes, and slowing down, the engine died. not good!!!! no power steering pump and I was unable to make the turn. Drifting into the valley of the "staight road" we were on, and trying to move to the shoulder, a quick attempt to refule proved futile as it appeared that there was a fuel leak. Crawling on the cold ground (20 degree air temp) in nothing but a sleaveless undershirt looking for the leak, it was discovered that the tank was full and we were over-flowing it. ok, check the shrader, AIR! How did it get there? Still wouldn't start. Knowing that there was a police officer in the area made the situation even more critical, a phone call was made to send another of the fleet to tow the NightMoose back. Miraculoulsy, for no reason, the Nightmoose starts. great! Dad's driving, I hop in, we start moving, there's the policeman, 150 ft. behind us at the turn I was supposed to make. We pull up to the intersection, he follows. Now on the unintended part of our route, we are immediatley pulled over. Dad has NO WALLET, I only have a permit, and neither of us are wearing seatbealts (just hopped in), in an unregistered vehicle that has no rear marker lights, no plates, and no insurance. We explain to the puzzled officer :confused:(obviously not what he was expecting-NO PLATES??) that we had just built the truck and were out on test drive (including all the details of the test drive). Having no proof of ownership with us (all back at the house) and giving him my permit, we invite the officcer to follow us home where we could clear, at least some of his fears up. Calling off the tow vehicle, we made the short journey back to our residence and invited the officer inside. Proving that I owned the truck, he explained that he couldn't really site us for the minor things (dangling lights, etc) unless he touched on the big stuff (no registration, insurance, etc.). He said that the whole time he was following us home he thought of how it was when he was my age doing stuff like this with his dad and that he was just going to FORGET THE WHOLE THING! With that he stated that he wasn't going to waste anymore of our time and that he would be leaving (as he handed me my permit back:thumbsup:). He told us that our neighbor hood had things going on that he was "more against" than our traffic violation, and expressed that if it hadnt been for the dangling tail lights he never would have even spotted us. THEN HE LEFT! ALL of us ASTONISHED:eek:! no citation, nothing:eek:.

I can honestly say that without any doubt in my mind, God cares for me just as He promises, His Mercy is everlasting and Redemption is a free gift to all who choose to accept it:hail:hail:hail!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
matthias-
you got lucky on that one. but it goes to show that many leo's are human too;Sweet
as far as the stalling, i betcha you got a bad feul switching valve.
it's drawing off one tank and returning to the other. eventually all of it will be siphoned dry on the draw tank. once the return becomes overfull, the pump will be shut down due to excessive return pressure.
i've learned this one years ago the hard way.-cuss

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
It's nice when you meet a cop like that, though it is rare. My neighbor is a city cop and he's pretty cool. I've done all sorts of ridiculous things up and down my street that most cops would have slapped me in irons for. I actually just had a run in with the marshal of a neighboring town just a couple nights ago. He stopped me and accused me of reckless driving for passing somebody who was turning off of the road(I pulled into the passing lane to do so....), for running a stop sign(I clearly stopped, otherwise I would have been plastered by a pickup). He then went on to accuse me of drinking, etc. He also had another cop riding shotgun with him, so they approached my car from both sides, the one on the pass. side shining a light in my car. He asked for all my info like normal and this is when I found out that my insurance expired about 5 days prior, and my negligent insurance company had never sent me the updated cards. Let's just say that this cop's attitude took a turn for the worse. He went from nosy idiot to full out ******* in 3.6 seconds. He started lecturing me about how he could take me to jail for what I had done(hadn't even done anything he alleged). Meanwhile It's raining like Hell and my upholstry is getting soaked because I have both windows down. Cop #1 goes back to his truck for a minute, and I started cleaning up all the papers I had pulled out of my glove box while I was looking for my registration. The cop shining the light didn't take very well to that at all. He screamed at me to put my hands back on the steering wheel RIGHT NOW! The way they treated me was completely uncalled for, and their superiors are getting an angry letter this week. I am also going to write a letter to put in the local paper telling the town what I think of these idiots, who should have their badges pulled.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go buy a lottery ticket. Good save, it is best never to bs the leo, I avoided a ticket last month by being honest and the cop knew vehicles well enough to know that switching tanks can cause air, and the need to drive fast to clear it. Thats my story and I am sticking to it.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one here that has never been pulled over? Just stopped at a drink driving check point once and all he did was look at my license and sent me on my way.

Maybe if they knew how fast my truck can go they would pull me over more often. I guess I have a 6.9 sleeper, how did that happend?LOL

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Remind me of the first time I was pulled over in my truck. Also a result of a taillight. I was going through a friends neighborhood witch is heavily patrolled. Well I happened to make a turn in front of the local sheriff deputy and when I did my taillight went out. It came back on not to long after though. He stopped me to let me know what happened and let me hop out to take a look. He was cool about it as well and just gave me a warning.

snoredog

Reaction score
First ticket(s) I ever got was in the blue truck in my sig. First day of my senior year in high school if I remember right. I had my 7'X16' equipment trailer with my mower loaded on it going through town about 3 or 4PM, so it was still bright daylight outside. Get through downtown and hit the overpass and city cop throws the lights on. So i get down to the other side of the overpass and pll over and get my papers ready. We had just got the trailer (7 pin harness) not too long before and my truck only had a 4 pin flat light harness. So he tells me i have no brake lights, so I explain how the shop i had talked to had to do all the wiring and stuff and assured him the truck would be legal the next day. Then he tells me my tag/plate on the trailer is not properly displayed and I need to take care of that. I told him I would take care of that as soon as I got home. He walks back to the car for a few mins and then comes back and does the whole "signing here is not an admissionof guilt.... blah blah." Ticket totals out to just over $230 for equipment violations on top of the $100 or so it took for the harness wiring. I am not a fan of traffic cops

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I got pulled over once on a "go-cart"... Long story but I got a warning for not having the proper lighting... Why isn't a flashlight duct taped on a bicycle helmet good enough?:dunnocookoo>

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Man,I for a moment thought this was going to be a classic Travis style story but it is more like something I would get busted for.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I deliver pizzas for a living. I don't put all that identifying crap on my cars because that just make me a target for cops and criminals. Since I work to the 3 am hours I get looked at a lot. I've been pulled over(more than once) for 'looking suspicious' just because I was driving slow on residential streets trying to spot the obscure address on the house. The lovely thing is when the cop tail gates you to make you nervous enough to make a mistake. Needless to say, I rotate my cars from time to time when I feel the car is too known.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i got pulled over the first time in my car that was just registered the day before.84 T-top grand prix with a pontiac 400 from a firebird in it.nasty car too.got me for my front plate sitting on the dash,no sticker and no seatbelt.let me go cuz i was within my 7 days to get the car inspected.

had a jerk of a cop stop me once.i had my 87F350 car carrier double hooked.there are 3 towns where that is a big NO-NO when the second car is unregistered.cop asked if i knew why he stopped me with an attitude.so i said no but i kknow what you were trying to get me for,the second car is registered isnt it.he said ya but your license expired.i said oh chit!he said "i can arrest you and have this mess towed.i said you can arrest me but you cant have the truck towed cuz its perfectly legal,you have to sit and wait till i get somebody here to get it.he gave me a ticket and sent me on my way.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NightMoose the Outlaw.

Jesus wears a badge.

Those are the titles of your next two musical compositions Matthias. LOL

I swear, this was by far the most redeeming interaction with the law I've ever had. :hail

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online