Nice truck , canidate for a 7.3 IDI

wildman7798

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stunning.. when was the last time you saw an XLT wood grain tailgate on a 72? All things said, as nice as it gets. Hopefully it gets used as it should and not become a trailer queen. You have my vote in yarding out that old school FE and dropping in an IDI.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a beautifully done truck. Not really my thing but I can appreciate the work that went into it. I do know a couple people that would give their ( insert appropriate body part here... but pick a really important one) for that 390. Those are getting really hard to find. Way more valuable than say the 352's. It might make a nice diesel cruiser but I'd think there would have to be a lot of reienforcement up front although the 390's are really heavy. ;Sweet

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super nice rig, I wouldn't change a thing, too nice and too original to cut up, thanks for sharing ;Sweet

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is one ***** and span truck. My favourite exterior body style has always been 67-72, and I've always wanted to do a Diesel swap to one, but that sucker is so mint I'd just drive it as is. A true beautiful Ford classic.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you should keep it as it is personally, they don't get much better than that....

But that's just my two cents worth..

Moretorque

Dunce
Reaction score
I had a F 100 back in the early eighties and its load capacity was outdone by your average station wagon, probably even a Pinto could haul more tonnage or in the F 100's case the load capacity was rated in pillow feathers. LOL

Alan Slingsby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a beautiful truck,if it looked that good after an idi swap I would have no problem.. other wise I'd have to say leave it original.. IMHO

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldnt bring myself to put a diesel in that but it would be a cool truck.

I'd have to drive it as is and enjoy a pure classic

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I really like the rig as it is. Doing an idi swap will kill the resale and the original apeal. I'm for leaving it as is. Really glad someone did restore it back to oem and had a dealership parts supply that could source the parts.