newer motors

not2old

Reaction score
Has anyone tried using WMO or ATF in a 6.4 Powerstroke (2008 to 2010)? I've been collecting parts for a Cummins P-pump into my 1990 F250 (gas) but life seems to be moving way too quickly for me. I want to get started with using some of this waste fuel.

crazytwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Doesn't sound like a good idea but what do I know?

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything I know about the later injector and fuel systems says NO NO NO..

Viscosity is a real issue with WMO and WVO .. the new high pressure fuel pump$$$ are sensitive little babies, and the new computer controlled injector$$$ are also.

Tank either one and you are out the expense of way more than what you could save running cheap fuel... The IDI system is more "Robust" but it takes it's toll even on them, according to those who rebuild the IP's ..

FWIW..

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a 6.4 truck... IP replacement almost requires pulling the cab. The pump alone is 1500+. I would stay away from running alternative fuels in a common rail. If you want, you could probably safely run a gallon per fill just to give the fuel added lube but it better be processed/cleaned well or you are asking for trouble.

With an old IDI, you could replace the whole fuel system for 1k or less if you play your cards right... and typically you wont have to in the first place.

Hold out until your p-pump cummins is up and running.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge140

Members online