New truck!

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
I don't recall ever posting this over here on OB, but I thought I would post up my newest addition to the family.

About 2 weeks ago I bought a 2001 F250 Super Duty XLT ex. cab, auto 4x4. The miles are a bit high at 307k, but the truck overall is in good shape. At the moment it is a work in progress (engine issue), but not too bad for only $2000. In fact, I babied her 15 miles home before taking some pictures.

Of course this also means I may be looking to sell my IDI... Never thought I would type those words to be honest...

EDIT: Forgot to mention I have a thread going about the new truck over on PSN if anyone is interested: http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1745284

-Dave

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    769.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    910 KB · Views: 5
  • 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    756.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 11

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
awww.another one leaving us for powerful engines.:D
have fun! she'll require a bit more $ than your used to paying.but she sure will scoot a lot better lol.

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
awww.another one leaving us for powerful engines.:D
have fun! she'll require a bit more $ than your used to paying.but she sure will scoot a lot better lol.

Hey at least I didn't do a cummins swap, right? :rotflmao Just teasing of course. ;p

I am starting to find that out as I'm diagnosing the knock on #3, hence the reason I picked up the truck so cheap. For some reason I almost find the electronics easier to work with. Must be the IT tech experience in me talking. LOL

You can bet she will scoot! :peelout First diesel automatic I have owned though, so we will see how this goes. Already planning on installing a 6.0L transmission cooler and external filter once I get the engine running right. ;Sweet

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your gonna need an AutoEnginuity W/Ford enhanced code reader and troubleshooting. Only $389 on line, not from the original, but from a dealer.:eek:

On Edit: And a laptop computer. A desk top is bulky but can be used. If you start a thread, do in the PSD forum.

Last edited:

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
You also can diagnose w a Snap on Scanner, you just need the right software for the diesels. They can be had on ebay pretty cheap

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Brad,

Which Snap-on Model/s?

Also, would the same work on all the PSD's, or just the 7.3?

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
Sorry for taking so long to get back online! Hell of a week, I tell you what.

Your gonna need an AutoEnginuity W/Ford enhanced code reader and troubleshooting. Only $389 on line, not from the original, but from a dealer.:eek:

On Edit: And a laptop computer. A desk top is bulky but can be used. If you start a thread, do in the PSD forum.

Thanks! I think I have the trouble shooting covered for the moment thanks to my neighbor's scan tool and the guys over on PSN. Just waiting on my compression gauge to get here for the time being. ;Sweet

You also can diagnose w a Snap on Scanner, you just need the right software for the diesels. They can be had on ebay pretty cheap

That is what my neighbor has! His was $10 at a garage sale. LOL I'm thinking of getting a ScanGauge for future use, those seem pretty nice for around $100.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online