New Truck.... what to do, what to do

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
So I'm thinking about buying a new truck because I could get a hellacious deal on one....

I have the 3/4 ton in my avatar, so I'm thinkin a 4 door half ton. After looking on fords website the FX4 seems pretty damn good right off the lot, electronic diff. lockers really stood out, don't really want to tear into the axles of a new truck to install Detroits. It comes with the 5.4 and I was wondering what would be the best programmer that I could mount on my dash and change engine settings while driving. This is a fairly simple question but I am not up to par with anything that has to deal with gasoline except for my dirtbike, nor am I used to working on anything new...

MeanGreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you test drove the new F150 yet? The reason I ask is because I was on the fence between a 150 supercrew and a F250 crewcab. I went with the 250.
The 150 have some very very uncomfortable headrests in my opinion. I'm 6'3 so it may be different for others. But yeah that FX4 package had me excited as well. I wanted that black leather interior, but I order the 250 with the Stone Grey interior and Hunter Green exterior.
Sorry, I don't know about the programmer.
Jerry

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
Hypertech, Superchips, Granatelli Motorsports offer tuners that are fairly close in performance to each other with the first two on the safer side of the tune. DP Tuner does have a gasser settup and if you tell Jody what grade of fuel you are running and whatever mods you have done, he can get the tune right. He sure knows how to make the Powerstrokes run hard and be reliable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk