New project

brdmh44

Midwest Chopper
Reaction score
I just picked up a '92 cab and a half for 200 bucks, has full power interior, factory buckets with center console etc..

Previous owner broke off a glow plug, but lucky me, I have another 7.3 with 8k on it I pulled out of a rotten truck for 100 bucks:sly

Anyways, I figured throwing some pictures up would be a good idea so I can post the progress.

I have had the truck for about 4 days now and the motor should be going back in tomorrow. I also have everything to convert to a dana 60 which it will also be receiving.

Thankfully whomever spray painted the truck didn't sand into the clear coat as oven cleaner is pulling all of it off!!!

Haven't decided on a color yet, but will most likely be painting it ford paint code "FN" which is a maroon/burgandy color

With some bodywork (thank god I can do it myself) and a little time it should be a nice looking obs IDI on the road again.

BTW, the tow truck holding up the other 7.3 with the oil pan off is also IDI powered, that puts my friend and I at 5 IDI powered vehicles, just love these things!

You must be registered for see images

Last edited by a moderator:

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A project it will be, looks like a new TC on that tranny. Well it'll keep you out of the bars and pool halls. :D

Have fun. Hell'va bargain. No time for snowmobiling now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svttim

Members online