new ip

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
put on the other ip the truck takes off like u wouldnt believe
i took the ip cover off and realized i fed up
but then we alligned the timing marks with a mirror and got it
only issue is that the truck accelerates like mad but seems to dog out here and there about mid rpm? this normal or just i was used to the old ip?

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
i think its a timing issue, it should definitely pull harder as rpm increases until you hit the gov but, shouldn't be sluggish at mid rpm. if its picking up in power as the rpm increases, which is adding advance then i would suggest adding a tad more advance so that its coming inb earlier at a lower rpm.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
i had a pump once that would accel good with moderate throttle then it was like it hit a flat spot, then you give it a little more throttle and it accelerate again like it shoulld

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ry advancing the timming as abull said its also possible that the reman pump isnt right try manually pushing in on the bottom of the lever on the left of the pump you should be able to push it in smothly and it should pop back out smothly if not the advance piston is sticking if so try running a heavy does of diesel kleen threw it may clear it up. also pull the fitting in the top of the governor housing that the elbo to the return line gose to and make sure their is no crud in the check valve.

On second thought you may have it too far advanced How much smoke are you getting and if you have a pyro what are EGTs like?

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stock lift pump
moderate smoke but not too much
something else i noticed is its got the psd sound at idle up till about 1500 rpm
i think the pump needs broke in and some cleaner ran through because its getting less and less with the ******* out issue more i drive (i run lucas)

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stock lift pump
moderate smoke but not too much
something else i noticed is its got the psd sound at idle up till about 1500 rpm
i think the pump needs broke in and some cleaner ran through because its getting less and less with the ******* out issue more i drive (i run lucas)

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
If it's doing that then you may have got some crud in there when swaping pumps