new headlights

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
That is one sharp truck.

Are those home-built rocker-guards/steps ??

:thanks: They are Dee Zee running boards. They are aluminum and get slicker than snot when wet.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
i wet sanded and buffed the lights on my 88 to like new condition. its been 6 months since i did em and they still look the same, just needs a cleaing and polishing since i didnt wash it in months. the 93 needs the same thing but im going with the smoked theme so i dont really care, should be ordering them soon...

BEFORE:
You must be registered for see images attach

AFTER:

personally i perfer the body color for the grill insert...

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wet sanded and buffed the lights on my 88 to like new condition. its been 6 months since i did em and they still look the same, just needs a cleaing and polishing since i didnt wash it in months. the 93 needs the same thing but im going with the smoked theme so i dont really care, should be ordering them soon...

BEFORE:

AFTER:

personally i perfer the body color for the grill insert...

Now that's pretty awesome on the '88! It stinks that we can't buy those new fangled headlights like the '92 and up guys can! At least I've never seen them. Mine are pretty bad also...I tried the toothpaste idea etc etc and they still look bad. I had thought about sanding em but thought it would mess em up. But yours look pretty darn good! Sooo what grit sandpaper did you start and end with???

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
pretty sure i wet sanded with 2,000 grit (whatever the finest wal-mart has). then i polished em with a mother power ball and regular rubbing compound (also from wal-mart the finest) and lastly w/ maguires plastic polish.

i bought a sanding block to make it easier and it worked great, just watch the headlight adjustment tabs.

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
i would need a sandblaser and some 60 grit to get my headlights clear again:rotflmao I just ordered a whole bunch of new stuff for the front end looking forward to not having a twisted bumper anymore:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70