New Guy W/ New Toy

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a 1991 F250 Lariat 4x4 7.3idi, D50 TTB front, 10.25 Rear 3.55 limited slip, E4OD, BW1356 t-case. 197,000 miles and still has the factory automatic hubs. No bed, the PO had a steel flat bed on it and wanted to keep it.

I picked this truck up as a parts vehichle for my 79' F250 4x4. The plan is to put the 7.3/E4OD into the 79'. It has dual Dana 60's 4.10 gears and 15k on the original engine. I've already talked to a couple people on here about this swap and want to thank everyone for the info. Here's a couple pics of the truck.

Attachments

• Red Truck 2 017.JPG
    Red Truck 2 017.JPG
    210.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Red Truck 2 016.JPG
    Red Truck 2 016.JPG
    210.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Red Truck 2 018.JPG
    Red Truck 2 018.JPG
    214.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what are you going to do with the axles?

Not totally sure yet. They will probably be for sale once I get started on the swap. I have to get the Jeep fixed before I am starting on this project. Needs bigger axles after this...

Attachments

• IMG_0138.JPG
    IMG_0138.JPG
    219.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0134.JPG
    IMG_0134.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 17

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Not totally sure yet. They will probably be for sale once I get started on the swap. I have to get the Jeep fixed before I am starting on this project. Needs bigger axles after this...

I probably shouldn't ask, but how did you manage that, run low on lube?

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I probably shouldn't ask, but how did you manage that, run low on lube?

The pinion nut backed off. There was plenty of lube because it left the housing in a smoke-like mist right after the tremendous bang. The people behind me were dodging parts. I think that hole is a little to big for JB Weld to fix :). I can fit my fist through the hole. I'm swapping in a 9in rear D44 front.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't use JB Weld, (I have two Lincolns in the barn) but it is a good idea to put something stronger in... Just so you know you need to make a build thread of your Ford, with lots of pictures, when you get around to that project.

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't use JB Weld, (I have two Lincolns in the barn) but it is a good idea to put something stronger in... Just so you know you need to make a build thread of your Ford, with lots of pictures, when you get around to that project.

I was completely joking about the JB Weld. I wouldn't dream of actually doing that.

Last edited:

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
I was completely joking about the JB Weld. I wouldn't dream of actually doing that.

Ok, can never be sure anymore, I have seen people do dumber stuff...
Heck, I saw someone try to use caulk on a cracked block, and he claimed to be a mechanic.:eek:
By the way, I meant I wouldn't use JB Weld, ever. I have spent too many hours cleaning that stuff out so that the metal can be welded the way it should have been in the first place... But I am a fan of welding everything.