New glowshift 3 in 1 guages?

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone using the new glowshift 3 in 1 guages yet? It has a 2 3/8 face with pyro on the outside, and digital boost and temp gauges on the inside. Comes with a pod, sensors, probe, gauge for 170ish. I used one of their boost gauges before on a turbo jetta I had, didn't find any reason to complain other than it never would dim right. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts?

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

One of my friends was taliking about it the other day. I just sent him the link so he'll probably go pick it up and I'll be installing it on his 95 cummins.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
They are still too hit and miss for me to invest my money into them. Gauges are one thing you don't want to cheap out on. A crappy inaccurate gauge is more of a danger than no gauge at all.

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have glowshift pyo/boost/oil pressure gauges, they seem really good quality. No problems with them, and they look nice too.

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are still too hit and miss for me to invest my money into them. Gauges are one thing you don't want to cheap out on. A crappy inaccurate gauge is more of a danger than no gauge at all.

Are you talking from experience with this company? Or just because it's not Autometer it can't be any good type attitude. In reality no automotive gauges are 100%. When you get into aircraft calibrated and anually checked gauges your going to pay more than what some paid for the whole truck.
If it's within +/- 5* that's close enough. No one should be "running on the edge" with these trucks anyways.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Actually, I speak from experience. As well as building these trucks, I build muscle cars and I even have a modern "tuner car". My experience with these gauges are mainly within the "tuner" crowd. 1 in 3 boost gauges were +- 3-4 psi. Temp gauges varied as much as 20*. The list goes on. The biggest issue with them is their gauges don't seem to take bumps and jolts very well from what I've been able to tell. For the most part they are pretty accurate out of the box, but many of the guys I know were changing out gauges after a single day of racing.

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, I speak from experience. As well as building these trucks, I build muscle cars and I even have a modern "tuner car". My experience with these gauges are mainly within the "tuner" crowd. 1 in 3 boost gauges were +- 3-4 psi. Temp gauges varied as much as 20*. The list goes on. The biggest issue with them is their gauges don't seem to take bumps and jolts very well from what I've been able to tell. For the most part they are pretty accurate out of the box, but many of the guys I know were changing out gauges after a single day of racing.

Much more useful info. Man that was like pulling teeth.

Oh yeah sorry to hear you still have that "tuner" addiction.:D Prefer air-cooled V-dubs myself.;Sweet

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to get too off topic, but I've always wanted to build an older bug.. They were just the coolest thing when I was a kid. But anyways. This truck isn't going to be on the ragged edge of high performance, just want to be able to keep things in check, and be able to not clutter up the entire interior with guages. I like the fact that I can look in one spot and be able to see the 3 most important things at a glance. Any other thoughts?

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the bug topic. There's one about an hour from me forsale that has a 15hp kabota diesel in it. Tops out at 55 and gets supposidly 60mpgs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dented73

Members online