New bed and tailgate

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
My God I cannot believe it's finally done, picked it up today. Pleased with the results. Check out the pinstripe action :)Kept the metal hinge type tailgate holders - those cables always got in the way anyway. Too bad I couldn't find an OEM tailgate...

You must be registered for see images attach

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
the cab is going to cost some serious cabbage to do, at least all my rust is handled...

It's going to be at least spring before I can do the cab.

MeanGreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. You're lucky to have a good body shop. I just spent 10K on a repaint for my 97 Crewcab. I notice more and more corners cut, as I reassemble it. Oh well, what did I expect for 10K!:eek:
My 93 CrewCab is going to be stripped and redone as well. This time I will find the time to do myself!
Oops, got off on a tangent there! Back to you......Did the 83-86 trucks originally have the metal tailgate supports, or were they cables? I really have the cables and would love to convert to the metal bars if possible.
Jerry

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I couldn't tell if the bed on the truck was original, although I suspect it wasn't as there was brown under a flaked off piece of paint in the bed.

The donor vehicle was an 83' - so no idea. I've been having to shove in the tailgate hard and slam the handle for so long I'm perplexed when I open and close the new one :)annot who works on custom rods and crawlers from across the US too.

10k! MY GOD, the cab will only be about another 3k and the work was done in trade for the donor truck. This is a guy

Looks good. You're lucky to have a good body shop. I just spent 10K on a repaint for my 97 Crewcab. I notice more and more corners cut, as I reassemble it. Oh well, what did I expect for 10K!:eek:
My 93 CrewCab is going to be stripped and redone as well. This time I will find the time to do myself!
Oops, got off on a tangent there! Back to you......Did the 83-86 trucks originally have the metal tailgate supports, or were they cables? I really have the cables and would love to convert to the metal bars if possible.
Jerry

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online

No members online now.