Need Number for Front Wheel Bearing

norve8c9

Payton
Reaction score
Just curious if any of you know the number for the outer wheel bearing on a 1990 f250 two wheel drive. I keep going to the parts store and they show me some that are way to small and the one I have are so old the numbers have worn off or they werent there to begin with. The number they keep giving me is 15101 which is way to small. Any help would be appreciated

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Gee I do'nt have the part #. But if you take the race out a part # should be there.That will help you match the proper "set" for your application

79 300sd

Reaction score
I just checked the napa site and they list the same number that you gave.

Checked advance and they had two brands listed. One was the bca 15101 that you listed which has a 1.00" ID. The other was a motor city SLM102949 that has a 1.7812" ID, and the matching race is S15245.

Hope this helps.

David

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I can't seem to find my reciept for the Beef as I replaced the wheel bearings bout 2 months ago, but the 15101 does sound familiar.
The outer bearing is alot smaller than I first thought also but it fit.;Sweet

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent some time in the bearing business. Tapered Roller bearing part numbers are all set by the Timken company. Some manufacturers will add prefixes or suffixes that mean nothing (such as the "S" in the above posted part numbers).

It would appear that you have a non-standard setup of bearings. Remove the outer cup (race) and get the part number off of that. Then measure the shaft diameter where the bearing runs. From these 2 elements, the cone part number can be inferred.

I also suggest on insisting on genuine Timken bearings. Many parts stores sell cheap Chinese bearings. Your local bearing supplier can source Timkens for you no problem.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I second the Timken requirement. Ford carries them.

norve8c9

Payton
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I finally got around to it today. Pulled off the left side and to my suprise it was the small bearing listed in the computer 15101. In confusion I pulled off the other side as well and it is a completely different set of bearings and even the the spindle looks completely different than the one on the left side. I am very confused but got my bearings changed. No more squealing down the road.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder where the other spindle came from. Does show there is a good bit of interoperability though.