need help!!!

blownsmok4life

Reaction score
i jus installed a new ip on my truck yes i was dumb and took the gear off im pretty sure i got in dead on tho but if i let it idle it'll shut right off i bled the lines what should i do?

blownsmok4life

Reaction score
now itis running and my dad drove it about a mile and it died at idle but will start up right away and idle if your on the throttle but ists really rough and it blows bluye smoke time to time but thats most likely because i havce it running on about 3 gallons mixed with 16 gallons of ulsd

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your timing is off. Put the engine at TDC and then look and see where the dowell pin is on then IP timing gear. It should be in the 4 oclock position IIRC. It might be hard to tell if it is perfect but you could be off by a tooth. You might need to take it and have it timed.

blownsmok4life

Reaction score
Sounds like your timing is off. Put the engine at TDC and then look and see where the dowell pin is on then IP timing gear. It should be in the 4 oclock position IIRC. It might be hard to tell if it is perfect but you could be off by a tooth. You might need to take it and have it timed.

thats what is was thinking i did read if you are off a tooth it mighgt start and run but it will be really rough,anyone else got any thoughts