NEED: fuel hard line

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in need of the hard line that runs from IP to front injector on passenger side.. in doing my IP and injector swap saturday it was discovered that the screw on cap/nut that attaches the line to the injector is cracked..it is useable but leaks a little due to not being able to tighten it good...if anyone has one please shoot me a PM and let me know how much.. thanks..

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have several new and used ones. PM me if you want to can't get one from another member close by.

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gonecrazyi - how much ? and pm me your address so i can see how far of a ride you are.. then i will see when it may be possible..

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also is there a way of splicing the 2 lines together? will anything hold that pressure? i really don't want to pull the whole IP back out if there is another way....

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also is there a way of splicing the 2 lines together? will anything hold that pressure? i really don't want to pull the whole IP back out if there is another way....

NO

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks typ4, not the answer i was hoping for but the one i figured i would get... i guess i could remove the lines above it to get access to it w/o removing the pump maybe..

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ford made a special tool for removing the hidden lines that are not easy to reach. Maybe someone has the tool and will loan it to you. Otherwise just remove the lines till you can reach the line nut you want. Caution, make sure those line vibration clamps are installed back where they came off. Running the engine without even one of them will crack the hard lines and then your doing this job again.. Happened to me and several others here.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We sell new ones if you fail to find something to your liking.

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also this line is called the #1 cyl line correct, seen a couple on ebay just double checking the number before i do anything..

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This is the cylinder numbering. On the drivers side nearest the radiater its 2,4,6,8... And on the passenger side nearest the radiater its 1,3,5,7.... Also you can look on the intake manifold port runners to each cylinder and find that cylinder number cast into the aluminum. then on the passenger side of the intake air horn you will find the cylinder fireing order. Now not all number one injecter lines are the same demension. there is a differance between the truck and the vans. If your number one injecter line has that odd looking fitting just under the line nut then you have the truck hard line. If its not there but its found on the number 4 hard line then you have the van hard lines on a truck.. Still not a problem because they work fine that way... Just don't try to force fit the wrong line on a truck or van by stretching the line to make up the missing fitting. That will never work.

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my #1 cyl has a piece that screws onto the injector (kinda like a fuel filter look) then the line screws into that, was told its a sensor... thanks for the info.. will scrounge up a line soon... also that #1 cyl is leaking around the base at where it screws into the the block... gonna have to re-check the torque on that one to see if it needs to be tightened..