Need Bigger Turbo Witch Ones Work

jwc-performance

JWC PERFORMANCE
Reaction score
does anyone know witch turbos interchage with a 94-98 12 valve i have herd that you can get good power ganes from a L-10 Cummins turbo Is tihs true or are there better options

Greenhornet1986

Reaction score
Dont know if that is true or not, but check out different vendors, there are some mighty nice turbos out there to be had. Click on one of the advertisements up top.

Where are you located? Somebody near you may know somebody local where you could get one.

jwc-performance

JWC PERFORMANCE
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions but I autually own a diesel parts and performance shop WWW.JWCPERFORMANCE.COM and I can get one from BD diesel or ATS diesel but even at my price there high But I heard from a few people that the heaver duty Cummins engines turbos preformed just as good or almost as good on the 5.9 as the after market turbos and you can get them cheap but Im not sure what engine is the right one to get the turbo from for the 5.9

Last edited:

rubberfish

Reaction score
What were you thinking of doing?
Taking one off an N14 and running that?
It may be more money than what BD
wants for their over priced turbo.

jwc-performance

JWC PERFORMANCE
Reaction score
the only reason I can get one cheap is because I have a friend that works at a mack and volvo dealership and some times they get a truck with a blown turbo and they just throw them away and order a new one but you can usually rebuild them for a couple $$ around $200 or so or some times in the big truck junk yard for around 500 ? I have also heard of a couple of guys using the stock turbo and the N14 turbo as a custom twin turbo set up and I guess it is supposed to work well off of each other but I have never seen it or experienced my self but that would be a cheap way to do twin turbos if it works instead of spending $2500 or more on a kit that in my opinion is a little over priced if any of you guys know if this is true let me know I am curious to find out if this really works

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger