Need a transmission

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That was my thoughts too. Probably an E4OD but don't really know by the lack of description...:popcorn:D

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya ha...these are like saying I want a chocolate at the local DQ or BK or McD ....chocolate what? What size?

LOL

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
car-part.com most junkyards will let u buy an extended 90 day warranty over the std 30 day one. More than likely an e4od. or u can check sleezebay for one.

finitetime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys forgot to ask the most important question.

How much do you want to spend?

Also do you want used, or new.

The Mad Bishop

1993 F-250 XL 7.3
Reaction score
F250 7.3 2 wheel drive E40D tranny.

Thanks OLDBULL8, It is a E40D. I would still like input as to finding one. I am thankful for everyones help

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you find one, just make sure it's for a diesel engine, the gasser E4OD won't fit your engine.

The Mad Bishop

1993 F-250 XL 7.3
Reaction score
The one I have now blue on Friday night. All the fluid came out and i lost all the gears. Befor this and its really a long story, but to try to keep it short. 6 months I found oil in my cooling system. Through a friend, Mel, we determined it was the oil cooler. I rebuilt it and everything was good untill last month. I found oil in the cooling systen again. Mel had a extra one so he rebuilt it for me and i had it put on, due to a lack of place to do the work. The truck did overheat a few times. in the last week i noticed as I was driving through DC in traffis it was geting hot again. The OVD on the gear shifter started blinking. As I got up to HYW speed the motor cooled and the OVD light went out. That only happened once until last Friday night. I was driving in heavy trafic in DC and as soon as i got on the HYW it blew

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To address the oil in the rad. The oil cooler o'rings must have went bad on the 1st one, 2nd one, on the rebuild must have cut the ring when putting the ends on, you must grease the ends and o'rings when installing the ends back on. To get the oil out of the radiator, you can flush it with a cup of Dawn dish water soap and water, fill it up and run it for 15 -20 minutes then drain and flush with clear water, drain the block also, one drain is on the drivers side rear, the other on pass side behind starter. Refill with FleetGard from TSC, NAPA or IH dealer, it has the SCA in it, get 4 gallons of concentrate and 4 gallons of distilled water.

On the tranny, running HOT, prolly lost the seal on the shaft to the TC, they melt and loose all the fluid, replace with the VITON seal, if you didn't run it to far the tranny should be OK, drop the pan and look for a bunch of clutch facing in the oil or sludge like in the pan, if none or just a little it should be OK. Pic shows what seal I'm saying about, the green seal at the end, the shaft that goes into the TC.

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online