My next camper will be a Toy Hauler

Paul

Dunce
Reaction score
My current camper is a 2003 Wildwood 29QBSS. I am fully satisfied with this camper because my three sons, ages 9, 6, and 3, have their own beds and plenty of room to romp around on rainy days.

My next camper will be a toy hauler. I don't know what brand I'll end up buying but I know I'll be looking for a garage that will haul a golf cart and bicycles or a fourwheeler with hunting gear and also have drop down bunks for my boys. Naturally the camper will also have to have a slide and all the amenities. ;) If anyone knows of a Toy Hauler that features all of the above, please share.

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toyhaulers are all over these days, at least in the West.
I just bought my third toyhauler - a Weekend Warrior LE3305.
It has a slide, 2 full size beds - one in the front bedroom and one pull-down in back, and then the sofas become single bed(s).
The Weekend Warrior is in my lousy opinion one of the top three and if there IS any better it is probably the Alfa Toyhouse.

I use it as just a camper sometimes and other times load quads (4+) in it, a few times I traileredmy streetbikes, and we use it as a base camp for whitewater kayaking.

The LE3305 I just ordered has everythin in it but an ice-maker and a French maid, and I tried for the French-maid but the wifey declined to O.K. that.

Give 'em a look.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Just remember that with a toy hauler they are built to be HEAVY in the front expecting you to have toys in the rear. Just something to consider because if you load it to the gills and don't take any toys she will be nose heavy so you might look at adding bags to level it out when need be.

This is not another one of those watch your GCWR things - me I load 'em till the bumper hits the ground then grin and say ok we're ready... Just mentioning it because when they slam against the bump stops they ride like log wagons... - been there done that.

Which I read something really interesting in Trailer Life a couple of issues back (the one with the towing guide) that they recommend getting a truck without the HD suspension now because of the unloaded ride and say that you should get the lighter duty suspension (normal susp) then just add bags to level it out. Kinda throws a monkey wrench into so many of those posts out there on TDS...