my fuel transfering front to back

swuchase1

Reaction score
HELP!!!!
Well driving down the road i look in the mirror and see fuel flowing out of my rear cap i think wow thats wierd. I pullover and its full to the top so i get my spare electrict fuel pump out and pump to front tank and go along my way. I get home and rear tank is full again ( i am thinking i have a truck that makes diesel wow am i lucky). The tanks will not switch so all i can think is the switch or tank selector is bad thought i would ask THE DIESEL GODS FOR SOME HELP. so please help me. i have replaced the electric (aftermarket) fuel and it is 4 psi i dont think that is to much presure am iwrong i have been using it for 4 years without an issue until now (i had thought about putting in a higher psi pump b4 this happened) thanks in advance.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
yesm the selector valve is stuck. pulling fuel from front tank but returning it to the rear tank. replaced the selector valve and you should be good to go.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
yesm the selector valve is stuck. pulling fuel from front tank but returning it to the rear tank. replaced the selector valve and you should be good to go.

yup or go manual with a couple of 3 way valves.

swuchase1

Reaction score
Thanks autozone $49.00 i will change that out and let you all know how it goes

Last edited:

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score

You realize the AZ unit is not plug and play? THe only one that is , is from Ford to the tune of about a hundred bucks, and the one I bought from them didn't last but about a month, so I went to manual valves

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wrong part.
the correct p/n from ford set me back $150 a couple of months ago.
the $49 part is for a chevy setup. they run the feul sender circuit separately from the valve. ford intergrates it all into one unit.