My friend's 1974 1310 Turbo IDI build!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Just a thought about the Dynamat.. You could save a bunch of money using the Fat Mat like I did and Darrin did. Its actualy the same stuff.. Just a differant name. I applied two covers on everything but the roof.. I could not get the head liner out without damageing it. I think its installed thru the windshield befor that put in. I work alone too.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a thought about the Dynamat.. You could save a bunch of money using the Fat Mat like I did and Darrin did. Its actualy the same stuff.. Just a differant name. I applied two covers on everything but the roof.. I could not get the head liner out without damageing it. I think its installed thru the windshield befor that put in. I work alone too.

I already bought the dynamat and dynaliner. Got the 36 square foot box on eBay for $143. I'm going to do the firewall and floor up to the seats. Then the back of the cab and roof.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I found the back of my cewcab made the biggest differance in road noise when I covered it. I also covered the inside of the door panels.. Thats the steel, not the plastic panels.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TheOrange Is From A 2011 Navistar Truck. I Had Them Take A Picture Of A Panel From A 75 Ih Truck And The Program Matched It To That Coincidentally. I Figured It Was Meant T Be. Im Going To Do The Inside Of The Doors And The Back Of The Cab Is Already Done.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Where Do You Recommend Getting The Fat MaT From?

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was restored about 10 years ago. Its his work/play truck. We have put rediculous loads on that truck. Its a closed knuck 70 front. And a 70 rear. Which i tried to include in the description. They never offered a 60 front. It was a 44 or a 70. Doesn't stop worth a damn with manual drums.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I get it now, just the way you had it written I thought you meant it as 70/60 and missed the 6 out of it. Is this D70 front stronger than a kingpin D60 from a bullnose or brick Ford truck? As for the manual drums, hydroboost is my universal solution to any and all poor brake assist situations. Plus you have fresh experience with it in an IHC truck, hint hint nudge nudge. Lol

Btw I'm really liking the way IHC went about making the top of the rails flat for flatbed use - add the two steel C-channel pieces and you end up with a table top surface. Ford on the other hand just had to be asshats, and make their frames all curvy and wavy and stuff... Ugh!

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
That truck has the brake and clutch mater cylinder as one integral unit, single resivior brake mc. he likes it simple with the stock brake setup. With 3x13 brakes it stops alright for manual drums. With hb itd probably throw you through the windshield.....