My friend's 1974 1310 Turbo IDI build!

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only asked cause if the vinyl cracks up and starts falling off a '70s GM truck you can peel it all off down to bare steel shell, bang some forming dents smooth, then bedliner the whole thing, and it actually looks pretty darn good for what it is. Not showpiece quality, but good enough for a daily driver, a person not familiar with the type of truck will likely never know the difference.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah They Were Used On Hummers. Mine However Were Never Even On A Rim Before I Got TheM.Especially No Pos Hummer Rims.

You must be registered for see images

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bed Mounted

fenders Primed

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Car Was Featured In A 50s Style Photo Shoot. That's Jonathon "Dt466travellete" Jacukovicz, Chuck "Diesel" Dennis And Myself On The Right.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice build!

Now for fun, restore a 560 IH diesel and put a wide front end on it to make it useful. Nice tractors, very fuel efficient, just a ****** to start when cold with the glow plugs. I wish I took pictures of the one I did 20+ years ago about the time my brother and I completely restored an older Ford 9000 that put out 175hp on the PTO

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I LOVE the truck!

And having someone you like looking at actually helping you, that's wonderful!

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Brandon, how are you going to do your rear lights? Personally I'm a big fan of separated brake and turn lights (especially with the turns being the yellow "running" arrows you sometimes see on OTR trucks). Or, combined brake/turn/tails on the outside, and just brake/tail on the inside - then no one can claim they didn't see your brake lights if they happen to eat your trailer hitch.

There was a very cool setup I once saw at a cruise/show, but forgot on what vehicle it was. Basically pretty much the entire rear was one giant brakes light bar, kinda like a Lincoln Mark 8. The real neat feature was that the light bar would light up proportionally to IIRC brake lines pressure - if you were just barely on the brakes only the outer ends of the bar would light up, then the harder you stepped on the pedal more lamps (LEDs actually) would come on in the bar thus widening the brake lights towards the inside. If you saw the whole thing light up you better stand on your brakes as well cause that driver is braking for dear life... Kinda wish that was a standard equipment on newer vehicles, it sure would shorten the reaction time between seeing someone's brake lights and realizing they're not just riding the brakes but actually pushing on the pedal so hard they're pulling on the steering wheel at the same time LOL

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a pretty awesome idea but out of my expertise. For the sake of getting the truck on the road I'm going to utilize the holes that are already in the bed. PO had used those oval rubber mounted trucker lights for stop.tail.turn then he had the white ones for reverse. I'm going to run spots under the bed for reverse and use all four oval Holes for my stoptailturn. If I knew how to do it I would run sequential turn signals like a mustang!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle