My friend's 1974 1310 Turbo IDI build!

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SeEms Like My N/a Rollback ThAt Weighs 2k More Than The turbo DSeries Has More Power. Jon Says There's Probably Still Air In My Lines And I Need To Get It Timed B4 We Can Assume Anything. Hoping The Pump Is Good And Lasts Until I Can Afford The Moose.

How long did you have the engine running? I'd think that even a short drive around the block ought to be enough to get rid of air in the lines, especially if you had it high-idle for a bit before taking it out... When I change filters I usually let mine run for a few min at 2000 rpms in park (neutral for you), and I've never had air issues.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's possible the mechanical pump is lousy right out of the box... Do you have one that you know for a fact that it moves fuel like it should? Do you have a pressure gauge you can put in place of the low pressure switch in the filter head and that you can run while driving around? I've had to do this a few times, hook up 2 or 3 high-pressure hoses together then slide the hood as far forward/up as she'll go so I can run said behind/under its rear edge and put the gauge on the windshield held in place by the wipers. Looks kinda rigged but whatever, it's not a permanent setup and it does work for identifying fuel delivery issues.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
It's possible the mechanical pump is lousy right out of the box... Do you have one that you know for a fact that it moves fuel like it should? Do you have a pressure gauge you can put in place of the low pressure switch in the filter head and that you can run while driving around? I've had to do this a few times, hook up 2 or 3 high-pressure hoses together then slide the hood as far forward/up as she'll go so I can run said behind/under its rear edge and put the gauge on the windshield held in place by the wipers. Looks kinda rigged but whatever, it's not a permanent setup and it does work for identifying fuel delivery issues.

cant be any worse then when my throttle cable broke....i drove 20 miles to get home with the long end of a ratchet strap tied to the throttle lever on the side of the ip and run up and out the hood to my wing window.... hand throttle!

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't Has The Ambition To Post Pics Lately. Just Took Some. Here The Latest.
You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online