My first filtration rig... wmo processor

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Definitely didn't know that.

I could tell a fair amount about aerobics and conventional septic systems, and plumbing. Just not the technicals of clean/alternate water sources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is all sorts of info on the subject. I was researching what people where doing with off grid cabins/camps and got the idea... and the more I dug into it... the more people I found doing it...

Its pretty interesting especially when you live in a small town where the water and gas companies are privately owned...my friggen water bill gets outrageous at times considering...

Not to get too far off topic... but well worth the research.

Sent from a pay phone... using Tapatalk v2.0

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this wasn't my first set up but it's pretty close to what it looked like. So far I've put quite a few gallons through it. Enough for 13k miles of running my truck

You must be registered for see images attach

Pretty much everything but the fuge and motor was scraps from work. Those are spin on filters that are good to 4mics. They are for a QSK50 cummins which is like a common rail set up that will drink 50 gallons an hour so I figured they'd work for my oil. I keep all the used ones I change and they usually last me about 200 gallons of oil.

The fuge was on a Tri-axel truck at a junk yard. My research says that it's about identical to a pa 55gph one

The pump is a small gear pump that was in the scrap bin also along with a pressure regulator.

Since then I added a 10mic filter unit that the pump pulls through.

All the hoses were pulled out of the scrap bin also.

Ill usually pump all the oil through the filters only to my clean drum, then add my gas and diesel through the filters also. Let it settle a couple days then let it pump though filters and fuge for several hours. Hardly ever have to clean out the fuge

One mans trash is another mans treasure I guess!!

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats why even after 25-30yrs MacGyver is still my hero....:D:hail
Frank looks good;Sweet. Another way to look at it, this is how a person using wmo can save more dollars. Not as easy to do, but cheaper fuel is the pay back or ROI, (return on investment)

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a whopping $100 in the whole thing. 50 for a 1hp motor, 20 for the coupler, 20 for the fuge. The junk yard didn't even know what it was. I told them don't worry about it and handed them a 20 haha. I have about 60 of those filters stock piled but I left that job so when I'm out of them ill have to look for another way. But until that time I'm pretty happy with it.

Normally ill run fresh Diesel through it and mix my WMO until it gets to the same pressure the diesel was. Not the best way but it gets me close. Hopefully someday I can add heat to the setup. Even to get it to 60* in this cold weather would be awesome.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And a side note, those filters burst at 250psi.... Accidentally left the out bound valve off ONE time. That 1hp motor never even slowed down.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So... it was 55 Saturday with a bit of sun... so got some work done.

Installed 2x8 cross ties and partially floored the attic...

Built the 12/12 rafter system... 16" on center.

We set the interior ceiling height just over 7' which gave quite a bit of room for storage over head. The attic access will be from the outside through a small door in the gable.

Today... its 20 outside with ice and snow coming down... I love southern Indiana weather.

Hopefully it'll clear up in the next few days and we can finish getting the shed under roof and wrapped so we can start moving things out of the shop. My last batch of w80 just ran dry and I don't want to start another batch until this is done... don't want to move full drums, etc..

Anyways, more to come soon hopefully.
-Chris

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, you went from green as green can be to old pro in about 20 minutes (for me to read). Great work! This has been a great thread to see where to start and how knowledge and experience lead you toward upgrades and improvements. Really helpful.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This site and the "old timers" have been very helpful along the way for sure... and I'm still learning.

Last edited:

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shed is finally under roof... and never again will I build something with a 12/12 pitch... lol

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shed is finally under roof... and never again will I build something with a 12/12 pitch... lol

Hey, it's done, right? Good job! Now, we want pics of the new set up in there!!!

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol... its getting there. Hoping to start moving everything within the week if the weather holds out.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting closer....

Pretty good amount of storage space considering...

Going to finish this gable tomorrow hopefully with gable door access to the attic area... then will start moving things. Still need to build the lean to on the back for the storage tanks and still need a few sheets of osb for the interior... perhaps some insulation as well.

Anyways... the hard part is done.. now just gotta finish it out how I want it setup.

Total cost so far.. just over $250;Sweet

More to come soon.
-Chris

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started moving a few things....

I also got my 'fuge barrel moved too. I need to raise the settle drum about 5"... remember kids.. measure twice.. cut once. lol

Anyways, hopefully will be back up and running in the next week or so. More pics to come as I get the rest moved and setup.

-Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge140