My Big Blue Ox build....

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya I a. Hoping I can get more n a day...but the oil literally poured out last fill....so seals allowed incursion of the greeblies...

Here is some shots of one of the caps covered in rust and sand..

You must be registered for see images attach

I wire wheeled thsm up and golden....cleaned out all the schmoo n greeblies and ya it is today I put knuckles and such back on and get a test run of this beast once again having 4 wd.

Thanks for looking.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Goo yes and schmeg a d greeblies....

So got knuckles on w new bearings...found one of upper kp spring cap bolt holes slightly stripped so my son is bringing me longer bolts..ugh...i dis not clean them with a tap I used a 1"2 plumbers brush wich worked awesome....but did not allow for me to notice the stripped section.

So both sides on to knuckles and hydration break time.

Seeing as only 5 pics at a time...voila...here are a couple of current progress...as u see I slop lots of marine grade anti seize on

Tapered alignment shim installed as previosly located...

Thanks for looking

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally fully assembled. Left or drivers side rotor was cracked so scored new one...went to install new on pass and stud holes in rotor to big. So sadly old one on for now.

That being said installed cleaned and inspected and lighty greased the lockut hubs topped diff up w fresh 85/140 made sure everything well greased then I went for test run and it steers so nice now even self centering correctly.
steering takes much less effort.

I imagine once bearings break in it should be super smooth.

I will replace the pass side rotor too once locate one.

Very happy with it...now adjust steering linkage to centre steering wheel and check tow in tomorrow.

Thanks for looking.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so steering all centered...close enough for now...

Need get buddy to assist w toe in check/adjustment.

Drove down hiway for test run and wow completely different truck....tracks nice easy light corrections and cornering.

Might have to move those rear tyres to front and my spares to rear....but I will drive it this week see how I like it.

Next a pair of decent shocks for front....hope that helps ride :eek:

Still stiff as buckboard ride...

Back to work this week starting tomkrrow so travel to from Penticton to catch ride to from kelowna w boss.:angel:

Very excited how this thing is coming along......:Thumbs Up

Thanks for looking.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Removed rear diff cover...drained and replaced fluid...seeing as gears were a used set and I am getting a wee bit noise I figured it was a good idea to do this to flush out any greeblies from the change over.

Then removed rear tyres to rotate to front and installed two matching ones I had in box as spares.

I could slide drums off way too easy so I adjusted rear brakes as well...much better braking overall now

Moving forward to r front swapped on that tyre and checked over everything and looked ok.

L front was a different storry...appears wheel bearing locknuts backed off some or something so aprt the hub comes..remove locknuts inspect..all gkod fortunately...reinstall amd reset bearing preload and tighten locknut.

Well looks like I will pack my locknut tool allen key for hubs and some spare.parts.

Drove down to fuel truck and remembered eh....I made a small 6x6 ramp for l side rear for fueling up...so set under truck drove up on it and fueling was soooo much easier....much less issues with nozzle kick off.

So hooefully this evening I can do a nice run and see how well it drives w 4 matching tyres.

Thanks for looking.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove to Omak WA gor my 3 packs of 7 core or freeze plugs....on way home noticed way more oil leaking than normal....might be loosing oil cooler

Just when I need it badly to get railer moved tomorrow to kelowna. Guess might be doing some work on black mamba tomorrow as I have races tonight....ugh.

Stay tumed...thanms fkr reading.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Checked oil...its not gone as had imagined....based on leaking I saw yesterday..

So...

This sums up my current situation....

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Time is runnin out....gotta tow trailer up tonight for work....grr.:popcorn

Just pmo that I dont have enough time swap engines...

Ok with that....I am grabbing a spare oil cooler today from my seized turbo engine or one of the many others floating around.....I will quickly clean it an have it ready to go in, in case thats the leak...

So close to my engine reseal and build w 093 turbo but not close enough...waiting on last few parts LOL:dunno

SO today grab some spares....load trailer...unload truck of some gear....and be on road early eve.....pray I make it.:hail

Got my Canadian Tyre auto club card so I should be good if failure occurs...ugh....:(

2 things come from this...urgency to get engine built and swapped

Get E4OD harness asap....and get black mamba working correctly as backup asap.

So now to find thos oil cooler parts....lmao:Thumbs Up:rotflmao

Wish me luck....thanks for looking

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So,it's either watch the oil pressure gauge or the road behind you,for a large oil trail.Shut her down quick,based on whichever you see first.:D
Good luck!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Made it but think I am losing a hole..way down on power.....sounds like a weak hole miss...now male plans w boss few days off for engime swap asap..before gdts cold

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the truck there and home...again this weekend...it runs but still unhealthy.

Decided do pass side patch panel...its in w a few pin holes left to weld up after grinding but I have 0.035 flux wire and no gas....might run to buddies place connect to his gas and run 0.023 and touch it up....

So for now here is a wee bit...final shot of pass side patch.

I will start the other side and hopefully be as complete by tomorrow afternoon...

Planning engine swap in 2 weeks.

Thanks for looking.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here are some details

4.11 gears
265 x 75 x 16 Toyos
Zf 5sp

And as seen in screen shot my milage....my speedo is out by about 3 kph at 100 kph or 62 mph... so 3 percent maybe..double gps tested.

I fill till I cammot fill tanks no more...spilling out necks...well 1" bslow neck LOL

For some more ifo these tanks were towing my rv trailer to kelowna some 2nd gear hills...then around town driving to from work 30 min 1 way then back to cawston.

I have hit 17 and usually around 16 n chamge..so not bad for such a pos tired engine.

Cannot wait to get the new engine in.

Thanks for looking

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well did zome more patching...having heĺla time with too hot....damn 035 flux core is hot on setting 1 A

That being said here is todays progress....

As seen innsr patch done...outter is being a real hoo haw to say the least. LOL

Thanks for looking.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member