Murphy's in Fla.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
It figures that when i try to do something right on my truck that it comes back to bite me in the rear.

Did head gaskets on my truck, popped the first set when i overboosted. Ball bearing T61 made for alot of fun.

Installed a new return line kit from Dipaco. They don't seem to snap on like the oem caps did. I mean i feel them snap into place, but theres only about the clearance of a fingernail between the cap and the nut on the injector line. Maybe its my imagination but i think they're seeping.

My old caps i reused from the prior install with new injectors and new hose.

Anyone else have this issue before i stick my old caps back on? There was far more clearance between the two with the old caps. They felt much tighter too.

Just to recap, new return caps, new hose, new o rings that came in a Dipaco kit.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Patrick before I switched to the Delco return line kits, I was having issues with residual flash left on the insides of the caps. Any little bit was cutting orings. Had 4 kits that had flash issues. Maybe a bad run or manufacturing changes sneaking past QC. Not sure but I've been happy with the Delco kits so far.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
i made sure the insides were clear and clean of any sharp edges. I ordered the Dipaco kit as i've had good luck with their stuff before. Maybe i am just imagining that they're leaking and i didn't clean the motor off well enough. I'm kinda **** retentive.

I swear i take the time to not rush somethign on my truck for once and it bites me in the rear.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It figures that when i try to do something right on my truck that it comes back to bite me in the rear.

Did head gaskets on my truck, popped the first set when i overboosted. Ball bearing T61 made for alot of fun.

Installed a new return line kit from Dipaco. They don't seem to snap on like the oem caps did. I mean i feel them snap into place, but theres only about the clearance of a fingernail between the cap and the nut on the injector line. Maybe its my imagination but i think they're seeping.

My old caps i reused from the prior install with new injectors and new hose.

Anyone else have this issue before i stick my old caps back on? There was far more clearance between the two with the old caps. They felt much tighter too.

Just to recap, new return caps, new hose, new o rings that came in a Dipaco kit.
post pics on how the turbo is mounted will ya?;Sweet

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
yea well thats gonna have to wait a bit as my camera phone is doa.

the t61 is mounted on the stock 093 y pipe. Wastegate is mounted on the crossover pipe. 44mm precision turbo wastegate. Made a down pipe, need to finish the exhaust but frankly i haven't had time to really touch the truck anymore.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
We have seen some crappy return line kits floating around for the last year or so. I installed a diapco kit I got from ebay. About 4 months later it was leaking at most of the cylinder...-cuss So I ordered two kits from rus.. No more issues. I also use an exacto knife and clean off the flash around where the o-ring slides past. There will always be some flash around that opening.