Multiple filters for WMO

broncobilly_69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those of you running more than one filter in line on your pump, How do you know which filter needs changing. I would imagine one would need changing before the other. Trying to figure out how to not waste money replacing filters that don't need to be replaced. I plan on running a Goldenrod waterblock filter that is 15 micron and then another filter that's about 2 or 3 micron depending on pricing. Any thoughts on this?

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about on the truck or for filtering? For filtering I use 2 1 micron water filters back to back then a goldenrod waterblock. When it gets slow I change the Waterblock filter. I can go 6 months to a year on the 1 microns and I probibly only need to change the primary filter because the second one it allways really clean, The primary usually has a 1/4" of "mud" around it.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I filter prior to putting in truck. I have a 20 gal compressor tank that I fill with wmo. I have an air valve for pressurizing and 2 6.9 filter heads and filters. First filter the wmo runs through is the 'dirty' filter. When it gets full I clean it in gas. The second filter catches what gets past the first. When the second filter gets full I pull the filter off my truck and it replace it then the old filter becomes a 'dirty' filter. Since the 6.9 filter is a 6 micron unit I never worry about my filter on the 7.3 trucks which are 12 microns.

broncobilly_69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if the Ford only puts a 12 micron fuel filter on the truck from the factory, I should be able to just run my Goldenrod water block filter, which is 15 micron, for filtering the fuel before putting it in the tank. The Filter on the truck will catch the little bit that is left and I'll just change it every 7,000 miles like I do anyway, right?

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The filter will probably get plugged pretty quick. The truck filter is pretty expensive. If I were you I'd at least run the 10 micron fuel dispenser filter. Also, wmo has alot of crap in it. You should seriously consider filtering prior to putting into truck tank.

mcbg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those of you running more than one filter in line on your pump, How do you know which filter needs changing. I would imagine one would need changing before the other. Trying to figure out how to not waste money replacing filters that don't need to be replaced. I plan on running a Goldenrod waterblock filter that is 15 micron and then another filter that's about 2 or 3 micron depending on pricing. Any thoughts on this?

You could use a pressure gauge before each filter and when the pressure rises its time to change the filter.