muffler choice for powerstroke

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the sound of my muffler less 4" exhaust but have been wondering about what our trucks sound like with diffrent mufflers. I like loud and real deep. What mufflers are u guys running and what do they sound like?

tjl

Diesel Nut
Reaction score
I'm runnging an Aero Turbine muffler. When I first put my stacks on I had it straight piped but it was way too loud when towing or running at highway speeds. This muffler gives it a nice deep rumble.

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
I'm runnging an Aero Turbine muffler. When I first put my stacks on I had it straight piped but it was way too loud when towing or running at highway speeds. This muffler gives it a nice deep rumble.

I have heard that the aero turbine adds an additional whine sound to the exhaust... is this true ?? I have also heard that the Aero Turbine reduces exhaust temps... have you noticed lower temps....

tjl

Diesel Nut
Reaction score
I have heard that the aero turbine adds an additional whine sound to the exhaust... is this true ?? I have also heard that the Aero Turbine reduces exhaust temps... have you noticed lower temps....

I haven't heard any whine sounds. It gives it a nice low rumble. I really like the sound. As far as lowering the egt's it may drop it a few degrees but I haven't really noticed much difference.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I used the MBRP muffler. On CC long beds running straight pipe there is a drone that comes from having the long straight pipe. Mines not too loud, and can still hear the whistle.

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
Yoy will not drop EGT's at all with a muffler, if anything it will raise them. A muffler distorts the flow to take the sound away,it also distorts the flow of exhaust gas. Maybe not by much but it does.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out DPPI for mufflers from either MBRP or AFE. DPPI is a very good group of guys to deal with.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i have the MBRP and the performance is good but the drone is very annoying when towing and at higher rpms.