Most Miles?

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Originally posted by MikeJ
I have a 97 extended cab 3500 with a 10' flatbed on it with 669,413 miles on it. I'm leased to a trucking company in South Tx and bought the truck in May 1998 & have been running steady ever since

Nice!

That’s an amazing amount of use out of that engine! Congratulations!

chris

Reaction score
chris here, i have a 95 with 240,000 without any hiccups. the oil is still clean on the dipstick after 3000 miles.

Ggg

Reaction score
I have 400k on my early 91. Dodge, replaced vacuum pump and P/S pump only.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by chris
chris here, i have a 95 with 240,000 without any hiccups. the oil is still clean on the dipstick after 3000 miles.

Sutton is that you? If so welcome to OB.net.;)

Texas Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here but had to weigh in and ask a question.

My wife drives a 98 12V with 165k, no real record here but a question: I am thinking that at 8yrsold and 165k miles I need to pull the tranny (4500) and replace the pilot bearing and throwout bearing. Any thoughts? There any no problems, just PM. I have heard of the pilot bearing going dry and chewing up the input shaft. Thanks

MUDDY

Reaction score
good idea but i never hear of anyone else doing that tex diesel. however ya cld do that if ya wanna pull the trans to do pm on the 5th gear nut. harold has been doing pm on the nut s by puting 3 spots on the nut to the shaft w/ the wire feed to keep the nut from backing off. easy and free. always a good idea to make an improvement b4 it is needed

chris

Reaction score
Have any of you seen a second generation body crack and split behind the seat in the cab? I've had to weld the cracks in mine. I drive alot of gravel road to work but nothing extreme. I don't know if it from to much flexing or what.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: sutton not here

sorry to dissapoint you but im not sutton. Just a new guy eatin up this site.

Hey, no problem Chris. I just saw the name, location and the interest in hunting and thought it may be Sutton. Welcome to you at any rate!

Whit

Reaction score
Have any of you seen a second generation body crack and split behind the seat in the cab? I've had to weld the cracks in mine. I drive alot of gravel road to work but nothing extreme. I don't know if it from to much flexing or what.

I just bought a new to me 94 with 142k on it.............gonna bomb the hell outa it :eek: anyway it is cracked as you describe , truck was in a wreck so I figger it was from that.

Cheers, Kevin

chris

Reaction score
thanks for the feedback kevin. I think your project w/ cummins into a jeep pickup is the bomb itself! Good luck on finding a decent body.

Whit

Reaction score
Found 5 jeep pickups in a guys yard up country at a ranch...............gotta catch him to see if he will let me reincarnate one of em:cool

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online