Most expensive IDI in town...

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh...wow. Yeah that's low miles, but that's competing price-wise with newer trucks!

johnboggs21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea someone needs to call them and tell them its not a powerstroke lol.

agp23109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That place deals mostly with diesels. I'm sure they know it's not a PS. Never purchased a vehicle from them so I don't want to smear their name but I noticed lately they have been posting quit a few idi's with hefty price tags. Maybe hoping for an uniformed customer...? I love my idi and would not trade it for a PS but your average consumer walking onto a used car lot is usually ripe for the taking. OK I'll get off my soap box, but I just hate used car dealers that take advantage of people.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
You would be surprised how many people (both car dealers and consumers) have NO idea that there is a difference between the IDI and the powerstroke.

I took a look a while back at a 92 F250 4x4 IDI on a large used car lot here in the bay area. I had not one, but TWO sales people tell me "oh yea, that baby right there has the world famous Powerstroke under the hood"

"Really" I said- "Didn't know Ford put the powerstroke engine in a '92" :D

I showed them under the hood that there was:
a) No turbo (an essential component for a powerstroke)
b) A big round air cleaner (also not found on PS trucks)
c) a Stanadyne IP with hard lines
d) no powerstroke emblem on the fender

They either didn't honestly know the difference, or that was part of their training used to fool Joe Consumer into buying a powerstroke at a rediculously low price.

We will never know... ;Really

gatorman21218

Reaction score
theres a 2004 6.0L at the bottom of that page selling for 6000. 6000 is still high but I think they may have switched up the price tags

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6,000 isn't hhigh for a 94 factory turbo with 80,000 miles I paid 5 for mine and people are always tryn to buy it from me

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The price is nuts but it is tempting for something with such low miles. Better deals are probably available though. I guess it depends on how much a good paint job and recent rebuild are worth to you.

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
Man, I must have gotten REALLY lucky when I picked up my 91' F250. Sure it was five years ago, but 52,000 actual miles on it for the winning bid of $2700 (dealership auction).

Turned out it had a bad starter, but the rest of the truck is in good shape.

Oh and those ads are NUTS! Here I thought this truck was just a little high on price:
http://montana.craigslist.org/cto/1859348872.html

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its worth every penny you know how hard it is to find an idi there since they cant pass a smog test lol it is a nice truck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle