More upgrades..

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
I have a bunch of windows open with all the posts about them. I'll going to see if I can make a mount to fit the passenger side were the vac pump used to be. Have to wait to see how things look. I also have a few tanks to choose from in my shop.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
I was thinking, and that usually gets me into trouble, what if I mounted the York down on the mount I'll make for the Brownie. Then attach a pulley to the input yoke of the Brownie. Now to run the York I just slip the Brownie into neutral and the E4OD into drive. Less mess under the hood and less heat that the York has to deal with. Run the intake to a clean air location and Ta-Daa! Any issues I may be missing?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a bunch of windows open with all the posts about them. I'll going to see if I can make a mount to fit the passenger side were the vac pump used to be. Have to wait to see how things look. I also have a few tanks to choose from in my shop.
If you end up going that route, please post pictures!! I'd love to do this, but I don't think there's enough space...

Also, any thoughts on how you'll shift the Brownie with the E4OD? I think that's the first I've heard of anyone planning to install one with an automatic...

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I remember Mel talking about this same thing but using an alternator on the moose tail axle, maybe he has some pics too.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
The only real issue would be changing the belt would require pulling the driveshaft. As for shifting the Brownie, in normal use you pick a range and leave it there, so no issues with the auto driving it. If you want to get fancy, you can float the gears while rolling, but not really needed.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The alternater on the Moose tail was only to charge the battery in the dump bed on the tail. I never saw a completed pic so I'm not sure if he actually finished the project. It was a good idea. He fabricated a pulley to mount on the differantial that was under the tail as it was just the bed and rear end cut off a truck... Lots of people have done that to make a trailer. Mel went one further and installed a hydraulic dump system powered by a battery under the bed of the tail. That guy is always thinking...:sly:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle