Moose vs DPS

safd1919

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i dont want to ruffle any feathers but i want want to know what would be best using moose or DPS? maybe a combo of both

Fozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a DPS pump, and it seems to be ok. I had the DPS injectors but took them out because my truck started smoking a lot. Once I pop tested them, they were all over the place with no spray pattern at all. I think I'll look into the Moose Pump next time, several members here have them and like them. The Moose Misters (injectors) haven't had wide distribution yet (as far as I know), so their performance hasn't been established yet. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I got to see a DPS and Moose injector in action at the IDI Weekend on the spray bench.... they are not in the same ball park.... the DPS looks like a cow ***'n on a flat rock while the Moose sprays and it's a much better spray than a stock injector.... If I had an IDI trust me I would have Moose Injectors no questions asked....

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
I have the DPS pump and injectors.Total paperweights.I NEVER could get an accurate signal on 1 to time it.Timing jumped all over the freaking place.Idled like a Yugo with a thrown rod.Smoked like a tire fire.Next to impossible to get to light off with perfectly functional brand new Beru GPs.OH,and power.....the butt-o-meter said no better than a stocker except at WOT and redline.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a slightly used set of DPS injectors for $100 if you want to find out for yourself. They do indeed flow more fuel than stock, but in my opionion a lot of that fuel is wasted due to poor atomization. When used with a Moose Pump, the amount of "coal you can roll" is quite a bit more. I suppose if you just want smoke, then DPS would be prefered. If you want some fuel economy to go along with that power I would use the Moose Misters.

safd1919

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the mister's are over 900 and 500+ for the pump + 1800 to 2600 for a turbo set up 1000 for a rebuild kit for the engine then machine shop cost..... my guess would be on the low side 4000 to build a motor... what i want to know is what am i getting for my money and whats the best bang for the buck.... i want to build this engine and forget it ie no problems.....

Hybrid455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the mister's are over 900 and 500+ for the pump + 1800 to 2600 for a turbo set up 1000 for a rebuild kit for the engine then machine shop cost..... my guess would be on the low side 4000 to build a motor... what i want to know is what am i getting for my money and whats the best bang for the buck.... i want to build this engine and forget it ie no problems.....

The Moose Mister video is very impressive there is a link somewhere on this forum from a couple weeks ago. I only have experience with Ford reman pumps by IFS and they have been good to me. If I was looking again now and could swing it I would try the moose baby. I think in this situation especially after watching the misters on the pop tester you get what you pay for.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Just to add to the listed things you plan on doing... Get a good timing meter to go with all your plans. That way you can time your build and get everything out of the rebuild. No sence leaving hp on the table because all you can do is time by ear.... P.S.... The Moose pump and mister injectors are the only real way to go at this time.... Add ARP studs and your head gaskets will be fine too....:sly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online