Mixes

moosehead08

Reaction score
What has anybody experienced with out there as far as synthetics, ATF, and hydraulic fluids along with WMO?
I ask because I got my hands on a few 55 gal drums of 80W 90 Lubricating oil, which is brand new. Any ideas on mixes for this or should I just be fine with a fifty blend of that and diesel. I also got a 100 gallons of ATF that is brand new and am wondering mixes on this.
The truck likes WMO and diesel at 50/50 already, it is a 94 7.3 IDI.

rmckee242

Reaction score
Burning Hydraulic Oil

I'm running 75% hyd oil to 25% off-road in my 97 dually. Runs good but smokes a little more than I like, not real excessive though. Hasn't got real cold here yet. One morning in the mid 40's I had to cycle the glow plugs twice. More than likely have to go with more diesel when it gets colder. Anybody running WMO I could use tips. When I get the preheater for my centrifuge finished I have about 1000 gal of WMO to clean and burn.

moosehead08

Reaction score
Off Road???

What are you speaking of burning off road, what is it?

I don't know how to hit the right market to sell it, sounds like more of a pain to me but, the thought did cross my mind as well. I just figure it was free so might as well burn it up.

NJGearhead666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you speaking of burning off road, what is it?

I don't know how to hit the right market to sell it, sounds like more of a pain to me but, the thought did cross my mind as well. I just figure it was free so might as well burn it up.

they mean off road diesel. diesel fuel that isnt hit with road taxs like diesel that is from the pumps. its dyed red and if you get caught with it on the road its big money fines

rmckee242

Reaction score
Off-Road

I do need to get away from the dyed stuff. Pretty easy to get by in a car around where I live but the "man" will check a truck before he will a four door sedan. The hyd oil takes on the red color of the off road.

I wouldn't sell the atf and gear oil unless I could make a butt load of money. Free or cheap fuel is just that free or cheap. I also like the thought of sticking it to the "man". My son's friends whine about gas prices and my kids just keep smiling and burning oil , veggy in their vehicles.

gozapper

Reaction score
Has anyone tried blending regular unleaded gas with wmo to thin it down to the same as d2?
I mean to mix it without using d2.

Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70