mid-kal weekend GTG?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was thinking out loud in the east coat weekend. I figgured that there may be some more input if I made it it's own thread.
what is everyone's thoughts on a Morro Bay/Pismo GTG?
think R&R...eating...drinking...dunes...more drinking.....:D

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be strongly interested in such a thing...one thought, would people in Oregon/Washington also be interested? If so, would it be worthwhile to do this somewhere further north? I like the Pismo/Morro Bay idea (haven't been down there in a long time), but it might be too far south for some?

Just thinking out loud...sometimes a dangerous thing for me ;) Are you thinking sometime later this year, or are you thinking about pre-planning for something next summer?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tim-
I'm thinking either Oct/Nov or Apr/May. Less tourists, weather is the niciest at that time of the year, and lodging won't cost a arm and a leg. I don't camp but I will be more than happy to make arrangements for the camping junkies.
As far as the WA/OR people, they already have an event planned at Justin's. This will be the first event I've planned outside of the SFBay area, so I'm not trying to reach too far. I know if you're into hardcore R&R you can't beat pismo/morro bay. They have reasonable off-season accommodations, great resturaunts, excellent watering holes and a well regarded place for duners. Besides, it would be fair to do something within reach for the So-Kal guys, after all, Gary did make a trip up for dinner here once. But if you have a better suggestion that would appeal to Kali/WA and OR people, I'd like to hear about it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'm in.....:D I don't drink.... Or dune..... Or smoke but I can spin a yarn....:D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yeah.... Here's to ya Russ...:moon::cheers:;PokeLOL I sure hope you can make it down for this Russ. It would be great seeing you again. Our last visit at Frisco was just too short. Lots more to talk about......

big jake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not saying I could make it, but the weekend of October 11-13 also contains a legal holiday (Columbus Day) so some folks could have a three day weekend.

Last edited:

big jake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pismo would be great during October, I am giving more thought to making a weekend out of it during Columbus Day weekend.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can make plans for that weekend too;Sweet
Just talked to a couple of local buddies, they're up for it too.
Anyone else here?

gandalf

Reaction score
I can make plans for that weekend too;Sweet
Just talked to a couple of local buddies, they're up for it too.
Anyone else here?

Columbus Day Weekend? I'm going to be on the East Coast, in Maine. I'm going to visit the grandkids. Pismo sounds like fun, but the grandkids win, hands down.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7