Member tagging.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Easiest way to explain is like how you can type someone's name into your Facebook post and it will let them know you mentioned them.
I think it would be nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I vote NO. We have enough when you subscribe to a thread or post.

Come on Jasper, where's your Orange banner. 7000+ posts.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Soon enough. Gotta furnish the new house. We have zero furniture, no washer and dryer. Privates don't make much money. Lol
Waiting on my pcs reimbursement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
what the hell is it?
if it mean some ******* ad popup when you run across a word.......not a ******* chance.

Um no. It's away a person can let you know that you are talking about them. So if I wanted you to know I that I replied to your post, I would go @towcat and you would get a notification that would lead you here.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as Calvin said, if there are adds, banners and pop ups associated with it, id mind.
if it can be done cleanly, gopher it!

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
if you see it as a way to bring in more member participation, go for it.

Honestly it does. It ends up emailing the members to and alot of the times, a member that hasn't been on a site in ages gets mentioned or his/her post gets quoted, they show back up. It worked well for my other ford site when I was quoting members that haven't been on in months. www.fordfullsize.com

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
as Calvin said, if there are adds, banners and pop ups associated with it, id mind.
if it can be done cleanly, gopher it!

I don't get why you guys are complaining about ads. As a member, you shouldn't see any. And no, it has nothing to do with ads.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
I would like it. When someone asks a question and we know someone has done it or has had it happen, we could tag that person to get them to post up why. Or members could tag us mods if they see a post that needs our attention. Sorta another way to "report" it

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't get why you guys are complaining about ads. As a member, you shouldn't see any. And no, it has nothing to do with ads.

Yes that is true...BUT while I'm trying to log in all those adds are loading up and sometimes it takes page priority slowing the process down. Also the ones with sound will start babbling away until the log in process is complete, this is most annoying early in the morning when the coffee still hasn't kicked in.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
were not complaining about adds, were just making sure we wont get any before we cast our vote.

@KZF250,
if you click the "remember me" box, it will automatically log you in when you bring up the site.
me, i just leave the site up in the browser, since its the only other site i frequent besides craigslist and fleabay

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online