major Problems

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Our freightshaker is having troubles.....BAAAD troubles.It has the same 5.9L 24V as a derge so hopefully someone can help.

At idle it is smoking like a Forest fire.Fuel smoke.Burns my eyes,smells like raw diesel.After it idles for a few seconds and you go to take off it pops and bangs and skips like when our Gasser race cars do when they load up.Also,it is a gutless wonder truck with no power.Lastly,driving down the road running though the gears it will suddenly go into limp mode and you have to quickly flip the switch off and back on.

BamaSixGun

Will Work 4 Chrome
Reaction score
Our freightshaker is having troubles

there is your first problem FT, its a freightliner. :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

just kiddin ya, truck troubles are terrible, i've had to trucks in the last 2 months to have the turbos go out, at close to 2 grand a pop, thats money that is hard to come by these days.

hope you get 'er fixed. ;Sweet

Whit

Reaction score
Sounds like a IP on the way out............is it a VP-44????

Run the codes on it and see what comes up....hopefully not the drea ded 026 :eek:

Mopar1973Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with Whitmore on this one...

Sounds like a VP-44 on the way out the door. The timing is completely off... The is the reason for the fuel smoke...

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Thanks guy.First and Final update on this issue....Never figured out what the problem was.....well,may have in a way......The truck was totalled by the insurance company after the electrical system let out the magical smoke.Entire wiring harness went up in smoke.....oh well.She was a good truck.Been though hell and damnation on the 4th of July with us.Must have had 300-400K Foot to the floor miles with no extra gauges of any type(Boost,Pyro,etc Just Speedo,Tach,OP,WT,Airpressure,and I think Volts) hauling everything from a bucket truck on the bed up hills for 90 miles to race cars up some really ugly back woods mountain roads(where it blew a U joint and took out the exhaust,fuel tank,some of the wiring,Hydo lines,and anything else nearby.).This truck was Used,Abused,and totally thrashed on.We got a new one though.Cat powered with a 9 speed 4 car rig!

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
If you ever come across another ISB Freightliner that does that change the fuel pump. They will do that when the fuel pressure gets low. The FL70 I run on a regular basis eats a pump every other year or so and an injection pump (VP44) about every other fuel pump. Its a poor design.
Ken

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Roger that.The Lift pump was shot and they put on a cheapy electric pump from teh parts store so that might have caused it.This guy is pure hell on a vehicle.Foot to the floor all the way.Rarely checks his rigs.blaa blaa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger