Lund Visor Installation

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Does anyone have the instruction sheet for one of the moon visors? I have a used one and as I understood it there is a particular way they need to be mounted to keep them from vibrating and such.
Let me know.
Thanks!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sean-
when I put mime on, the instructions said to line up the drip rail to the line on the visor and then start screwing it in from the center working your way outwards.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Yup. Just get it on the roof and center it. Hold it in place either with a second person or masking tape. The 2 center/lower holes should be about 1/4" above the windshield molding(any less and you risk the screw not biting anything and the visor will face "DOWN", any more and the visor will face "UP".

DO yourself a favor and look a the truck with visor at all angles BEFORE drilling holes. This way you can fine tune before it is too late.

Also, replace the original LUND screws with some of the same ones, but in stainless. I put a big dab of silicone on each hole in the roof, then set the visor in place. The coat the threads of each screw w silicone and thread them in. Tight is tight, too tight is stripped. I have yet yo have one leak is 20 years

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Got it installed today. Thank you guys for all the help. It looks great!

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Haha, here's a cell phone pic of it. I didn't have my camera with me. I'll get a better pic tomorrow if you want. I lucked out when I bought this visor it was already painted brown on the top half, the bottom half was white, I'm not sure why but it looked hideous so I bomb caned it and to be honest it matched really well.

You must be registered for see images attach

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do you still have regular 194 bulbs in there? I put in the LED's and they made a difference;Sweet

Attachments

• SL375342.JPG
    SL375342.JPG
    280.7 KB · Views: 2
  • SL375343.JPG
    SL375343.JPG
    287.9 KB · Views: 4

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
No those are LEDs as well. I'm even running a running light relay in that truck so they should be super bright but by the looks of it they arent.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online